You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ok, you're Slash & VRs new manager, what would you do?

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I wouldn't even download another VR album with Scott. I never liked that talentless, hissy addict and I'm glad he's gone.

Slash or Scott? big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Anyone else think that VR was mainly used to relaunch Slash, Duff, and to a lesser extent Matt's, careers as solo artists?

VR got them back out there away from GN'R as a new band, and did very well. After they were back in public eye and VR started to go south, it was much easier for Duff to go do his Loaded thing as well as Slash solo, because VR made them household names again.

I too think that VR is the furthest thing from Slash's mind at the moment too. But as long as he's still putting out music (like the upcoming Myles collab), I'm happy.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Get back with SCott or Fuck off
Thank u

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Duff doesn't seem to be all that concerned about those things. He's got other interest and has made a fortune in business. For Matt and Slash definitely. Not necessarily as solo artists but profile in general. We all know Matts character, and I doubt Slash would be doing all these hip hop shows if he wasn't looking to raise his public image. Don't see him rocking out to Jamie Foxx on his free time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My view on VR was....they all sobered up....thought like

"hey - maybe without Axl's insanity we'll find superstadom easier"

then shacked up with a guy who fundementally doesn't respect what made old GNR great.

Released some kick ass songs because despite it all they are that damn good,

But then it turns out superstadom still sucks. And even without Axl it's fucking hard to get any 5 people in a room to agree on shit. Old habbits kick in - sobriety is lost. Shit goes down.

I don't think it was designed to launch their solo acts. I think it's just become easier to be in solo acts and stay sober, not get frustrated with whats going down.

Bottom line is VR is 3/5 of the 1993 GNR machine. They are drawn to each other because they have fucking insane chemesty together. But lets face it GNR was always disfunctional too....and 3/5 of GNR is only 3/5 as disfunctional...but that's enough to derail after two albums wink

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I wouldn't even download another VR album with Scott. I never liked that talentless, hissy addict and I'm glad he's gone.

Slash or Scott? big_smile

Read again. No need to think too much. Your question/joke would be surprising anywhere, even more on a GN'R board.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I don't ever remember Slash being a "hissy addict". Slash at times thought he was as cool as his heroes, because he was a junkie. He didn't really want help until years later, and like alot of addicts, was actually stunned when an intervention was staged for him.

Weiland on the other hand is a fucking baby as a junkie. Wah wah wah I have a problem, sniff sniff I need help... then he gets it, then plays up all public sympathy for getting clean and as soon as people stop calling, he trashes his bandmates, and when nobody cares, then he ties off again... whatever...

REALLY don't care for that guy. Seems alot of it is more psychological and tied to a need for attention.

Board footer