You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Pigeons of Shit Metal Talk Axl Rose

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I watched the video.

Guys, honestly - and i'm not saying this because we're on a GN'R board, and i'm an Axl guy or anything.... that Josh Homme is a complete and total liar, and if you watch him, that guy's facial expressions combined with his responses, is beyond lying.

You mean Jesse Hughes. I read up on him a bit at Wikipedia and apparently he went so far as getting a tattoo that says "Pigeons of Shit Metal." That's how pathetic his claim to fame is. Congratulations douche, you got insulted by a legendary rock singer who happens to insult people all the time. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really really hate this new era, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim-generation of rock artists who play guitars really awful, sing terrible, and write shit lyrics, but because they played some fuckin' hipster club in Atlanta, they're some fuckin' superstar.

No you ain't man... no you ain't.

Haha, that rant's been stirrin for a while, hasn't it?

Oh yeah man. I'm glad to grab #400, baggin' on those fuckin' pricks.

I just hate that attitude. Always have. Pigeons is too cool for Guns, Nirvana is too cool for Pigeons, Motley is too cool for Poison, Bon Jovi is too cool for all of them.... fuck off.

All this competition bullshit, for nothing. Did you guys get into rock to make great music, or did you all get into it for dick measuring, and posturing of who's cool?

And the fans are the worst. Like the fuckin' cocksuckers that were giving Russ a hard time the other day at the Clutch show, for wearing a Van Halen shirt.

WTF? Clutch fans suddenly know fuckin' rock that they can bag on Van Halen?

THIS folks is the Generation Y rock bands. Rockers who think they're automatically fuckin' cool, because they can play In Bloom note for note on Rock Band. Kiss off.

haha, I have to agree. Hughes' rant in the video about how he's a true rock n' roller while Axl supposedly represents everything he can't stand is a fucking joke. What it comes down to is Axl hit it big without selling out, yet this Hughes guy is jealous as shit of that. Appetite was one of the earliest albums with a Parental Advisory warning on it and the band's sound was very edgy for the time compared to the likes of Bon Jovi. Yet somehow GN'R managed to cross over into the mainstream despite a truly kick ass rock album. Would Hughes himself really try to deny that AFD is pretty much THE embodiment of "rock n' fucking roll" from the last 25 years? I know Axl has become a complete joke lately, but the fact is he did more with one album than Hughes will do in a lifetime.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The guy from the band seemed pretty cool, and I'm sure that the background goings on in a GN'R tour would be very surreal, but the interviewer seemed like a fuckin dork. Trying to appear cool, when he's a big fuckin nerd.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

And that guys attitude in the video kills me. I've made fun of Baz before, but what the fuck is wrong with Baz saying "Axl's singing the best he ever has"??? Why does that have to be made fun of? You know what? I saw Axl twice in 2006 and he was fucking amazing both times. So every person I've said that to since then should be making fun of me?

depends ... do you say it with the same man crush savage animal way that baz says it?

johndivney wrote:

re: metallex ^ Buddyhead has always had a hard on for Axl, esp funny/stupid stories & Pigeons were achingly uber-trendy before that GnR incident so they def attracted the geekier hipsterish punk fan who like the flavour of the month - the kinda people who automatically take an anti-axl stance on any issue & then revel in it when he actually does do something slightly douche-y..

tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08

I watched the video.

Guys, honestly - and i'm not saying this because we're on a GN'R board, and i'm an Axl guy or anything.... that Josh Homme is a complete and total liar, and if you watch him, that guy's facial expressions combined with his responses, is beyond lying.

You mean Jesse Hughes. I read up on him a bit at Wikipedia and apparently he went so far as getting a tattoo that says "Pigeons of Shit Metal." That's how pathetic his claim to fame is. Congratulations douche, you got insulted by a legendary rock singer who happens to insult people all the time. 16

i <3 josh homme, qotsa are one of my all time faves & kyuss ruled too
but i never liked pigeons. they seemed like the same sort of bad joke the darkness were trying in england. & i was delighted when axl called them out. & they, or jesse hughes, never did come back from it.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

How did Axl shaft them? Axl gave them a chance to be an opener for a legendary artist, and they blew it.

Josh Homme is still talking about this shit all these years later, and he still didn't get the memo. It's not about Axl.

First off, Josh is taking a lot of shit for this band, and this interview, when he's really only peripherally involved in the first place. You're dead on with your rant on crappy nobody hipsters that have the bullshit too-cool-for-everyone attitude when they've done nothing themselves.

Jesse Hughes is a tool. EoDM are a novelty act - they're one of 20 funky lightbulbs on the shelf at Spencer's. And yet, he acts as though his shitty band (one that was like a ten minute joke hobby for Josh) is so awesome and cutting edge that he has room to shit on ANYONE, let alone Axl and GNR.

My only point, and where I disagree with Axl, is that either Axl knew who he was signing on, or not. I would never have thought EoDM would be a good fit for a GNR tour. But did he never hear them before he agreed to it?  If not, the crappy opener the fans got were partially his fault.

I will say this though- after watching this interview, my point is MUCH smaller. Jesse's attitude shows that he's a douchebag hipster imposter. Someone should hold him down and shave him. Underneath that crappy moustache, he's Rob Schneider- a dude who's lucky to be involved in SOMETHING/ANYTHING, even if it's the stuff his buddies wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i <3 josh homme, qotsa are one of my all time faves & kyuss ruled too
but i never liked pigeons.

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was the only one here! wink

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
boneshj wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Literally their only claim to fame. Pretty sad.

Yeah, what has Josh Homme accomplished.  Talk about a nobody.   

Sarcasm off.

OK, Jesse Hughes' only claim to fame. Better? And compared to Axl's success, Homme's career is a fucking joke.

Fair enough about Hughes.  As for Homme, maybe his career hasn't soared to Axl's height (in his prime), but it's hard to deny his career has been pretty successful by today's standards.

Sky Dog wrote:

fuck Jesse Homme....Axl rawks. Gnr till I die. 9

Board footer