You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Pigeons of Shit Metal Talk Axl Rose

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Literally their only claim to fame. Pretty sad.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, what has Josh Homme accomplished.  Talk about a nobody.   

Sarcasm off.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I literally know nothing of them, other than being the guys Axl kicked off the tour and called "Pigeons of Shit Metal".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Josh is killer with Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones in Them Crooked Vultures.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
boneshj wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, what has Josh Homme accomplished.  Talk about a nobody.   

Sarcasm off.

OK, Jesse Hughes' only claim to fame. Better? And compared to Axl's success, Homme's career is a fucking joke.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I can't see the problem with photos on the laminates - with the amount of crazy death threats and shit GNR get it makes sence to have some security.

As for this interview, firstly I don't like the cheap shots at Baz...make fun of him all you want but he's got killer chops and still brings it decades later.

And then regarding GNR, well, everyone knows Axl has a media reputation for mood swings and so on, if it's true I don't think he really does it on purpose it's just who he is, part of his make up, and at the end of the day as a peformer and songwriter he's at the top of the talent pool.

Sky Dog wrote:

funny thing is that it all sounds believable....Hughes is playing it up a bit trying to be Dave Grohl Jr, and he can't hold Axl's jock in any sense. However, Axl is crazy and that is that.:haha:

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I say this as  monstrous GNR fan, but Josh Homme is one of the best things in music today, no matter how under recognized he might be. People like him and Dave Grohl and all the desert/stoner rockers out there are quietly keeping rock alive.

Now, the Pigeons of Shit Metal are OK. Josh is really only involved with them in a very minor way to my understanding.  But John is one of those guys who is involved with EVERYTHING- he's all over the place. Totally off topic, but I've never understood why there hasn't been more love for Them Crooked Vultures. It's one of my favorite albums of the last ten years easily.

And before getting too excited, I don't think EoDM go around talking about Axl at every chance they get. But Axl in all likelihood DID treat them like shit, so whatever/whenever they DID say something, it was probably warranted.

The Baz cheap shots are unforgivable though. smile

Board footer