You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Pigeons of Shit Metal Talk Axl Rose

Axlin16 wrote:

LMAO, I knew Madagas would come in here and set it right. 16

johndivney wrote:

re: metallex ^ Buddyhead has always had a hard on for Axl, esp funny/stupid stories & Pigeons were achingly uber-trendy before that GnR incident so they def attracted the geekier hipsterish punk fan who like the flavour of the month - the kinda people who automatically take an anti-axl stance on any issue & then revel in it when he actually does do something slightly douche-y..

tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08

I watched the video.

Guys, honestly - and i'm not saying this because we're on a GN'R board, and i'm an Axl guy or anything.... that Josh Homme is a complete and total liar, and if you watch him, that guy's facial expressions combined with his responses, is beyond lying.

You mean Jesse Hughes. I read up on him a bit at Wikipedia and apparently he went so far as getting a tattoo that says "Pigeons of Shit Metal." That's how pathetic his claim to fame is. Congratulations douche, you got insulted by a legendary rock singer who happens to insult people all the time. 16

i <3 josh homme, qotsa are one of my all time faves & kyuss ruled too
but i never liked pigeons. they seemed like the same sort of bad joke the darkness were trying in england. & i was delighted when axl called them out. & they, or jesse hughes, never did come back from it.

You know, I wanted really bad to love The Darkness. I really liked their songs, and still do.

But there was a time where I just had to seperate myself from them, because of their douchetacular attitude, and the poser rock fans (Coldplay types) that they attracted.

It got to be more than I could handle.

I can't stand ANY group of people that take themselves too seriously. I agreed with George Carlin on that, it's my priority to make fun of them. Whether it be the hipsters, Political Correctness-types, anti-war hippies, evangelical Christians, people that try to censor words (Fag, N-word) because "that's our word", anything you say that slightly pokes fun or criticizes a group of people "you're a bigot" "you're a racist" etc.

For the same reasons Axl jumped the shark when he got all pissed off when James Hetfield made fun of his tour rider. Sure, Hetfield was being a dick for no reason, and the joke wasn't really funny. But Axl's buttsore reaction to it was the moment he took himself WAY too seriously. He started personally attacking Metallica, and for absolutely nothing.

What did he get? Duff took a piss bottle off his skull, and had to be dragged off stage. Good job Axl!

stupid...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
boneshj wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
boneshj wrote:

Yeah, what has Josh Homme accomplished.  Talk about a nobody.   

Sarcasm off.

OK, Jesse Hughes' only claim to fame. Better? And compared to Axl's success, Homme's career is a fucking joke.

Fair enough about Hughes.  As for Homme, maybe his career hasn't soared to Axl's height (in his prime), but it's hard to deny his career has been pretty successful by today's standards.

I agree with this. He got a lot bigger than anyone would have suspected. QOTSA were one of my favorite bands. They just never recovered from the success of Songs For The Deaf. I've been so disappointed in their later/recent work.

But they're ALL douchebag rock stars.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

LMAO, I knew Madagas would come in here and set it right. 16

johndivney wrote:

re: metallex ^ Buddyhead has always had a hard on for Axl, esp funny/stupid stories & Pigeons were achingly uber-trendy before that GnR incident so they def attracted the geekier hipsterish punk fan who like the flavour of the month - the kinda people who automatically take an anti-axl stance on any issue & then revel in it when he actually does do something slightly douche-y..

tejastech08 wrote:

You mean Jesse Hughes. I read up on him a bit at Wikipedia and apparently he went so far as getting a tattoo that says "Pigeons of Shit Metal." That's how pathetic his claim to fame is. Congratulations douche, you got insulted by a legendary rock singer who happens to insult people all the time. 16

i <3 josh homme, qotsa are one of my all time faves & kyuss ruled too
but i never liked pigeons. they seemed like the same sort of bad joke the darkness were trying in england. & i was delighted when axl called them out. & they, or jesse hughes, never did come back from it.

You know, I wanted really bad to love The Darkness. I really liked their songs, and still do.

But there was a time where I just had to seperate myself from them, because of their douchetacular attitude, and the poser rock fans (Coldplay types) that they attracted.

It got to be more than I could handle.

I can't stand ANY group of people that take themselves too seriously. I agreed with George Carlin on that, it's my priority to make fun of them. Whether it be the hipsters, Political Correctness-types, anti-war hippies, evangelical Christians, people that try to censor words (Fag, N-word) because "that's our word", anything you say that slightly pokes fun or criticizes a group of people "you're a bigot" "you're a racist" etc.

For the same reasons Axl jumped the shark when he got all pissed off when James Hetfield made fun of his tour rider. Sure, Hetfield was being a dick for no reason, and the joke wasn't really funny. But Axl's buttsore reaction to it was the moment he took himself WAY too seriously. He started personally attacking Metallica, and for absolutely nothing.

What did he get? Duff took a piss bottle off his skull, and had to be dragged off stage. Good job Axl!

stupid...

fuck me, I meant Josh Hughes...alright, Queens of the Stone Age good, Eagles of Death Metal meh...Tommy brought them in, and I'll bet Axl had absolutely nothing to do with it. Tommy confirmed that story and took the blame for it afterwards. They probably are a pretty decent band because Tommy hangs around real rockers. He just forgot to fill Axl in first. 16 

If I recall, Helmet opened for Gnr too and that went pretty smooth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, and there were also some Bullet For My Valentine shows too, without incident.

Tommy hangs around real rockers, but Axl's "not a real rocker". I know that's not you saying that, but i've seen that attitude alot.

It's something i've never understood. It reeks of pure jealousy. Like because The Mats never really had more than a left of the dial-type following, and GN'R were the biggest rock band on the planet at one point, someone that makes Axl some sort of less legit rocker.

Yet I guarantee you any single one of them, Tommy included (now), would change places with Axl in a second. And I think some days.... Axl would let them.

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree. It is jealousy. Westerberg said years ago that Tommy always wanted to be a rock star and that he moved to LA in order to become one.

All these guys want to be stars and deep down they know Axl rocks just like them...difference being that GNR hit the jackpot with four huge singles right out of the gate. Bands like The Replacements never had that great single. They had great songs but never had their "Teen Spirit". Too bad, that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I would suck the devils cock to have Axl's career. I never understood why musicians would deny they wanted what he has / had.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think they want what he has financially. However, they likely feel that they wouldn't be the prick that he is. Money doesn't give you the right to do some of the shit he does.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

From his own comments, Baz tried to be a welcoming friend to him on the tour, and Jesse basically made fun of him and right out of the gate was an asshole.

Yeah that was exactly my issue with that too...really sounded like sebastian was making an effort to be inclusive and they just shit canned him for no reason. Not to mention as I said earlier that baz has killer chops and keeps rocking year after year. To be honest for an 80s star he's in great shape vocally and physically and peformance wise. Deserves more respect that he got there.

Axlin08 wrote:

But to this day, he got railroaded on that Nirvana thing. Kurt Cobain & Dave Grohl were the punk ass "too cool for school" douche bags that picked a fight with the jock. Axl didn't do anything to them other than admire and appreciate their music.

Totally agree with that too. GNR's always been my fav band, but when I was 17 I was pretty into nirvana for a time as well.

While I loved nirvana's raw sound - I could never understand the need to constantly associate Axl with all that's negative about the industry and take shots at GNR as if they were a manifactured no talent band.

I mean Axl and Izzy's songwriting, slash's guitar solos and riffs. Beyond me how they could ever imply GNR was wanting in that department when the talent level of GNR is very very high in each member.

It always left me in a difficult place because I respect Dave Grohl's talent...I think he's an amazing drummer....

But i do remeber Zakk Wylde's words about Dave being asked to write ozzy songs:

"none of these guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? Fuck Dave Grohl! Let him get up there and play 'Mr. Crowley' — he can't fuckin' do it!"

And I feel the same about GNR...Dave is an awesome drummer...but he needs to not bash GNR...and I don't even know this Eagles of Death Metal guy - maybe he's real talented...but I don't like the "too cool for school" vibe these guys give off all the while acusing Axl of being 'high school' and while taking pot shots at Baz and cheap shots about Axl's apperance and stuff. Not classy.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Did Dave bash GNR in recent times i.e. after '93? Wasn't aware of that. He's called 'the nicest man in rock' and has worked with Slash so I'm not sure if he shit canned GNR anytime in the last decade.

In fairness Seb is supposed to be a bit of a douche. Metal Sludge waged war against him for years and pulled lots of stories about his douchebaggery together.

I saw him with Skid Row backing GNR in Manheim in 1991 and he was awesome and really good humored to the crowd. He kept saying how honored he felt to be  playing rock in the hot sun with GNR and the crowd. A real gent. I brought their albums straight away and dug his chops for years.

I actually went back to Nirvana recently and was shocked at how poor I found the whole experience; dour songs, miserable vocals, out of tune howling, bad guitar playing.. I used to love those guys.

Whil GNR had jumped the shark by '93, there was still a fuck off punk blues band in there that could slay any grunge slacker band that held the top spot back in the day. I think they all knew that too. But hey, they were all boys in their early twenties..people change when they grow up..

POSM are a cynical, self congratulatory art band with faux gay moustaches and badly rendered ZZ Top riffs. Despite their high opinion of themsleves its all been done before..hence their less than stellar profile.
Hardly worth the print..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Oh yeah, Metal Sludge went ballistic on Seb for years. Surprising to me when he seemed to be a great guy by reports of GNR fans and the like. Wonder what the deal was.

Board footer