You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Another Brick / November Rain '10 Tour

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

A little

Sky Dog wrote:

thread jack but Russ will appreciate....went to this last night...death day Elvis tribute

Sky Dog wrote:

get the fuck outta here... THE KING

[youtube]8gyvTV5OJ5E&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Axl's trying something a little different and trying to do a narration of Part II's lyrics over Part I's music, to add a haunting effect.

I think it's intentional.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That American Trilogy clip... seen it tons of times... anyone who doubts why the King was THE KING - seriously needs to see that. If they still doubt - watch it again.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^

Dude, he was sooooooo stoned in those rehearsal sessions. Remember watching that a while ago.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh it was worse than that Mister.

E used to literally fistful pills, then turn around do a FULL SHOW, fistful some more, take the entire band back to the studio, and just fuck around singing gospel songs until 6 in the morning.

The band got to a point they hated it. Elvis would literally sing 8 hours a night, into the wee hours of the morning, and the band would be exhausted, fingers bleeding. If they tried to leave - he'd get super pissed.

It was one of those things that because he was surrounded by his Axl-like Memphis Mafia, no one would tell him the truth, so he thought everyone loved it as much as he did. 16

At the time, they were annoyed by it. Years later they realized the greatness they were witnessing and were apart of to be apart of stuff like that with someone like Elvis, who with Lennon & Jacko are among the Top-3 performers to ever live.

Board footer