You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Alien vs. Predator Requeim

Anyone else seen this?

I'll give a full review in a little while. But I'd like to hear some opinions first anyways. Overall it was just what I expected it to be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i still have yet to see the first AVP....is it worth the 2 hours? i heard otherwise, though i was a fan of both movies growing up

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's nice popcorn flick. 

Just a bunch of action, but this time around you slightly care about some of the characters that die.  The aliens are dog meat and the Predator kicks fuckin' ass.

Communist China

Yeah, both movies do a very bad job of making the Alien a frightening figure. Partly because there's no need to give a fuck about the people they kill, and because you're really just waiting for the Predator, which will take care of the aliens one way or another. I don't know how to fix that problem though. On Earth, it's not like you could have the aliens win...

I would say both AVPs are worth the time, but neither are worth the money.

If the studio would spend money on a different planet or space station setting, wait for a good script, and hire a good sci-fi director an AVP film could be the best sci-fi/slasher film of any year. But they instead make the cheapest AVP they can, and bring in a modest profit, ripping off the die-hard audience that knows it will hate the movie before it begins.

I was surprised to see that blonde chick bite the dust. I thought she would make for sure. She was hot, and not that much of a slut!

PEOPLE ARE DYING!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I hate these kinds of films. Their only purpose is to suck you into the theater long enough to buy some popcorn, a soda, and a box of jujubes. No redeeming value whatsoever.

Was it basically a carbon copy of the first?

Communist China

^ Except this one had classic bad teen slasher flick spliced in with it. Perhaps it was more exciting, Pred-alien was kinda cool, but in many ways it was worse because the heros aren't worth rooting for. Put an old A-lister in one of these franchises, like a Bruce Willis or a Sam Jackson or a Harrison Ford, and that could change. But who's gonna root for a nobody over an Alien that's doomed in the first place?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The problem with the AvP films is the predator. The alien franchise was a classy movie series, yes it had its weaker entries, but blending it in with the predator franchise just turns into into a sfx showreal and looses all the good stuff from the originals.

Communist China

Predator one is fucking amazing. The 2nd one may blow, but so does Alien Ressurection. Although I agree the AvP's have not followed in the Alien 'style' of movie, and that is a problem.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

It's nice popcorn flick. 

Just a bunch of action, but this time around you slightly care about some of the characters that die.  The aliens are dog meat and the Predator kicks fuckin' ass.

Communist China wrote:

^ Except this one had classic bad teen slasher flick spliced in with it. Perhaps it was more exciting, Pred-alien was kinda cool, but in many ways it was worse because the heros aren't worth rooting for. Put an old A-lister in one of these franchises, like a Bruce Willis or a Sam Jackson or a Harrison Ford, and that could change. But who's gonna root for a nobody over an Alien that's doomed in the first place?

hmm...sorry but based upon the little that you guys have to say about it, sadly its not on my to see list sad I'll wait 6 months or so and catch it on cable tv

Communist China

Might be a better plan Neemo.

Board footer