You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: I bet the US Tour goes smooth

-D- wrote:

Anyone want some of this action?

I would almost guarantee the late starts won't happen on this US tour. Maybe 30 mins-60mins... but gone will be the 2 hour late thing.

I think certain conditions had to be met before a US tour was taken on by the promoters, one of the conditions had to have been the late starts.

So who wants this action?

I'll say no more than 2 late starts

Over or Under?

I am going UNDER

Late is over an hour.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno ... will be interested to see how it shakes out, but axl has nearly always been late...i guess its gonna depend on how the crowd react to the shows and what ticket sales are like....i think part of the trick to get axl on stage on time is to get him motivated to enjoy the gig at hand, if the crowds arent into it then he wont be either

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The first few shows are gonna be real key. If things go south I'd put money on the whole tour blowing up. If they go off real well it could snowball in a  positive way from there.

It'll be interesting cause he's not gonna recieve the love fest he does in South America or Europe that's for sure so....

Just being real honest here..... I would NEVER put my money on Axl Rose haha!

Sky Dog wrote:

can't say I would either ....

As for the success of the tour, I still stick to my prediction that the venues are too large, the economy sucks, and new Gnr doesn't generate large arena crowds. Small arenas and large theatres are where they need to be. It will be tough sailing in the large arenas which increases the chance of implosion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it'll go similar to 2006. I don't say this to be a dick, but just from a factual point of view.

I think it'll be eerily similar. Kick off in Florida, 12,000 per show or so, nice reaction and crowds, it'll get the band pumped up, they'll add shows, play to only major cities, probably eventually settle in to half-full arenas, but positive reviews from critics and fans. They'll do REALLY well in New York, maybe do some club shows in addition to MSG.

The difference this time (good news for Lofton), is I think this time around they'll play the entire Pacific Coast, maybe including a jaunt to Vegas and into Western Canada.

jmh prediction

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
-D- wrote:

Anyone want some of this action?

I would almost guarantee the late starts won't happen on this US tour. Maybe 30 mins-60mins... but gone will be the 2 hour late thing.

I think certain conditions had to be met before a US tour was taken on by the promoters, one of the conditions had to have been the late starts.

So who wants this action?

I'll say no more than 2 late starts

Over or Under?

I am going UNDER

Late is over an hour.

I'm saying over. People don't change, and Axl is no exception. He's always late and he's a dick about it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Well, we don't know what deal was struck with Azoff and TM around the lawsuit and Axl touring again.

Azoff knows Axl better than most and has probably written him into a lucrative but legally watertight contract around appearance times etc.

I'm thinking this will go ok UNLESS someone genuinely upsets Axl, then he seems capable of going nuclear on everything and to hell with the outcome..

johndivney wrote:

nah azoff has axl's balls
it either goes smooth or it ends! forever!
*cue dramatic music*

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd anticipate much like the 2009 tour.

Most shows will start on time, with the occasional show running a little late around 1 hour to an hour and a half late.

I think the occasional late start is inevitiable - it's been happening since at least 1991 if not before. But in general I'm not expecting anything too dire and I think most reviews will be positive except for the reunionists who of course will be as displeased as ever. But overall i'm looking forward to seeing some boots of the boys back in action.

Board footer