You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: I bet the US Tour goes smooth

Naltav wrote:

I think it'll be more than 2 late starts.

If they have 3-4 late starts, the tour as a whole could still be considered "going smooth"!  smile

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
-D- wrote:

So who wants this action?

I'll say no more than 2 late starts

Over or Under?

I am going UNDER

Late is over an hour.

i'll take your 2 late starts and raise you one cancelled show

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We're all dorks... 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, there are different types of cancellations

If its some legit reason due to illness or poor ticket sales in a market so the show is pulled.. i can see that.

Axl pulling a Philly though I don't foresee happening.

For that lawsuit to get settled.. There had to be some concessions.  Axl is an intelligent guy.. he would be blind to not realize US fans aren't gonna tolerate it anymore for the most part. So if he wants a career in the US, he has to repair some of his rep.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I think he'll behave. It is the ticket sales which I worry about. Is America ready for more of the same with even more line up changes? Ummmm, not sure about it. Chinese is no spring chicken any more; it can't be the focus of this tour b/c, frankly, the album tanked here.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I do think the recent success of the Motley/Poison tour has to have promoters optimistic.

I def think Axl needs to play the game a little for this to be successful.. maybe some radio interviews etc and building a nice reputation from the beginning. if people read bad reviews and the "late" thing... People are gonna stay home, especially in this economy.

Sky Dog wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I think he'll behave. It is the ticket sales which I worry about. Is America ready for more of the same with even more line up changes? Ummmm, not sure about it. Chinese is no spring chicken any more; it can't be the focus of this tour b/c, frankly, the album tanked here.

America has no idea about the lineup changes....PERIOD. They will either come to see Axl sing the hits or they won't.

I worry about ticket sales as well...these are big basketball arenas so it could be rough.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
killingvector wrote:

America has no idea about the lineup changes....PERIOD. They will either come to see Axl sing the hits or they won't.

I worry about ticket sales as well...these are big basketball arenas so it could be rough.

Agreed. America doesn't give a flying shit about the hits, OR Chinese Democracy either. They don't give a fuck. They really don't.

The casual "Axl" fans from GNR's heyday show up, fill up half an arena, to pretend it's 1991 again for 2 hours.

That's it. Nobody outside of the forum geeks is anticipating a new album or a new single. Even reunionists have given up all hope.

-D-

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:

The US Tour will be a success. Whether or not the "usual suspects" in the GNR online community choose to look at it that way is another story altogether.

I think people lose sight of certain things inside their fandom.

its like as hardcore fans, we put blinders on and don't realize certain truths that should have us very concerned.

GNR are one of the greatest/biggest bands of all time. that is indisputable.. Problem is, their peers: Metallica,U2,Bon Jovi, Chili Peppers etc still sell out massive stadiums all around the world and sell out arenas and football fields in the US.. GNR should still be THIS big.. so if you think filling 5k of 15k seats is successful, I think you and other fans need to look more objectively at this.

Board footer