You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: I bet the US Tour goes smooth

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

The US Tour will be a success. Whether or not the "usual suspects" in the GNR online community choose to look at it that way is another story altogether.

16  basically you're saying it's will be a success regardless of how it plays out and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. Get over  your blind fanaticism of Axl Rose dude. What's hilarious is you and Naltav and a few others are starting to use this "usual suspects" thing as though you guys are immune to predictable postings of your own. Honestly you guys that throw this fake positive spin on everything are far more predictable than those of us who can call things objectively and flip back and forth between "postive" and "Negative".  Honestly Russtcb to sit ther and say it WILL be a success and those who  choose to look at it any other way are in essence morons is pretty fucking lame dude. If this tour gets cancelled or plays to less than steller crowds or doesn't get good reviews it's NOT successful dude no matter what spin you put on it. It's a sad state of affairs when "success" in Gn'R land means getting through a  tour incident free. Fuck, Completeing a  tour = success for some of you. So sad how low your standards have become.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

The "usual whiners" can sit back and act as armchair concert-promoters all they want. But the real pro's that are actually booking GNR to these venues, knows what they're doing.

Even if all the shows are a few hundred or thousand tickets short, the tour will prolly still make money for everyone involved. In their eyes, a success! And they will prolly book GNR in the future.
I have no clue. Just my guess!

In the eyes of the "usual whiners": THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF EMPTY SEATS!!! THE TOUR IS A FAILURE!! GNR ARE DEAD IN THE US!!!

I am not 100% sure the tour will be a blockbuster-sellout-success. But I am pretty sure certain people will call it a failure no matter what happens.

Hopefully the tour gets of to a good start, positive reviews in the press, etc etc. Which hopefully will get asses in seats for the rest of the tour!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

The "usual whiners" can sit back and act as armchair concert-promoters all they want. But the real pro's that are actually booking GNR to these venues, knows what they're doing.

Even if all the shows are a few hundred or thousand tickets short, the tour will prolly still make money for everyone involved. In their eyes, a success! And they will prolly book GNR in the future.
I have no clue. Just my guess!

In the eyes of the "usual whiners": THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF EMPTY SEATS!!! THE TOUR IS A FAILURE!! GNR ARE DEAD IN THE US!!!

I am not 100% sure the tour will be a blockbuster-sellout-success. But I am pretty sure certain people will call it a failure no matter what happens.

Hopefully the tour gets of to a good start, positive reviews in the press, etc etc. Which hopefully will get asses in seats for the rest of the tour!

You dont' have to be a fucking pro to know that a sold out 10 000 seat venue is better than 10 000 seats sold in a  20 000 seat venue.  Figure it out.

the usual suspects also think the 2002 and 2006 tours were a success. Now that is f-ing laughable.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I predict the same old song n' dance - good performances marred by late starts and tantrums.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:

You dont' have to be a fucking pro to know that a sold out 10 000 seat venue is better than 10 000 seats sold in a  20 000 seat venue.  Figure it out.

Don't think anybody disagree with that scenario. Has that happened or is that your doom n' gloom assumption already?

Bono wrote:

the usual suspects also think the 2002 and 2006 tours were a success. Now that is f-ing laughable.

I bet all the promotors in the US are aware of those tours and have taken it into consideration. You figure it out!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I think what has really let the new gnr down is the promotion of the album i dont think its the best gnr album but its a shit load better then a lot of albums that have come out in the last few year if they had made video clips of better etc i think the band would be alot bigger that is in australia anyway iv never even heard any of CD on the radio here like that kings of leon sex on fire that was a big hit over here coz of the radio play and video clip

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's the thing; Guns N' Roses will go out and play great shows to their fans. That's a success to me.

No "blind fantasicm" needed and certainly no continued and unwarranted pessimism either.

I don't think it'd be enough to call it a success. Cause in that case, both the 2002 and 2006 torus were mega-successful. They were not.

Anyway, I think all of us should wait a few weeks with the judgement. They are doing a tour and it's good news.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The difference this time (good news for Lofton), is I think this time around they'll play the entire Pacific Coast, maybe including a jaunt to Vegas and into Western Canada.

jmh prediction

That's actually bad news. The tours always derail when the Cali dates go on sale. They schedule dates for "the entire Pacific Coast" but always forget the demand simply isn't there. ANYTHING more ambitious than Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and MAYBE Sacramento is doomed to failure and I wont even waste time buying tickets that will require me to get a refund weeks later when its canceled if more dates than that are scheduled in this region because they are in the realm of unicorns and the Easter Bunny. They will only exist on paper. New GNR US tours never deviate from the pattern...... sellouts at MSG and LA, half empty arenas everywhere else, and a string of cancellations and a tour implosion when its time to conquer the west coast. They might get in a Warfield show like in 06 but everything else is basically DOA. I've been advocating a limited US tour(especially on the west coast) for years as I think you can have more success selling out a few clubs and one arena instead of piling on a couple club dates and 5 arena shows within a 80 mile radius when NONE of them can come close to full capacity so they have to be canceled.

They fooled me twice. I wont get fooled again and I think I can speak for all the few hundred people who bought tickets to those Cali shows that never happened. Axl/the band never commented on this crap either time it happened and the 2011-2012 tour should have started here.

If the CA itinerary is something like this.....

Los Angeles
Bakersfield
Fresno
Sacramento
San Jose
San Francisco

It's over after LA.

You east coast peeps will get some shows while our goose gets cooked. I'm not just referring to that 2006-07 abortion. This strategy goes back to 2002. I've never understood why they think they can play so many shows in such a small area here. It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now. No other artists/bands do this. They hit Frisco and sometimes San Jose and then they move on.

To add insult to injury the lines are once again being blurred. What's this tour promoting anyways? I've said it before....nostalgia or move forward. You cant have both and if you try, you better have a new song moving up the charts . Hardcores may not give a flying fuck but a casual fan who could be a potential ticket buyer needs to know what it is that they're buying. Yeah Yeah....Jungle, PC, SCOM. Big whoop. People have been there, done that and in this economy, I don't know if those songs will entice people to cough up the dough to hear them.

Get a new song on the radio for fucks sake. If Soundgarden could do it in 2 weeks why cant you? Oh yeah I forgot... insurmountable obstacles and unseen forces....

Sky Dog wrote:

I 'll define success FOR ME.....

The band completes all the shows scheduled...no cancellations. That is it. I'll let the promoters worry about ticket sales. Gnr need to show up and play...whether it is for 5000 or 15,000.

Board footer