You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

I think it would be fun if everyone ever associated with Guns could be there.  From Traci Guns to Robin Finck.  Especially Robin Finck.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I think it would be fun if everyone ever associated with Guns could be there.  From Traci Guns to Robin Finck.  Especially Robin Finck.

Good idea. They can induct the orgy chick from Rocket Queen. She gave a hell of a performance. 14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Dave Navarro too than I guess. Why not Shannon Hoon too while we're at it and Alice Cooper

tejastech08 wrote:

Good idea. They can induct the orgy chick from Rocket Queen. She gave a hell of a performance. 14

Don't forget all the chicks bitching at Axl in Coma 16

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

We ve got Tracy and raberta here I think you know the word

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

We ve got Tracy and raberta here I think you know the word

16 22

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Fred Coury

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

Dave Navarro too than I guess. Why not Shannon Hoon too while we're at it and Alice Cooper

tejastech08 wrote:

Don't forget all the chicks bitching at Axl in Coma 16

Everyone should be inducted who ever wore a GN'R T-shirt. They did more for the legacy than some people mentioned in the last pages.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This is what happens when geekdom runs wild. People lose their minds and start making absurd comparisons. Some of the comments in the last few pages (not Bono's & Neemo's) need to have several of our long-time great posters, take a walk outside, go fishing, have a drink, go to a show, talk to REAL people, and get back to me/us on that whole Tommy Stinson IS Guns N' Roses bullshit. Only is this geek world for you folks, whether it be Tommy, Robin, Chris, Bucket, any body post-93.

You sound like Star Wars geeks arguing how Darth Maul (94-2011) is just as significant as Darth Vadar (86-93).

Yeah, un huh.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm not sure you got what I was talking about

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Who says they will even acknowledge UYI at all? To the media, the most memorable aspect of it was the fact that they went on the longest tour ever and had all kinds of controversy surrounding it. The critical reception of UYI was very mixed compared to AFD. If they make it in, I think it will only be the AFD lineup.

You're crazy, you're fuckin crazy, oh yeaheahha... if you think UYI, which produced November Rain (at the least) which be disacknowledged at a RNRHOF induction.

Seriously dude? Seriously? I think you need some more time to think about what you recently typed several hours ago.

DCK wrote:

I was just playing on your thoughts of who to add. You want to add a touring musician like Gilby and a drummer on UYI which had shit to do with the creating of the band at all. If we're playing on those terms my friend, Tommy Stinson is a much better bet.

Naturally, this is all geeky shit, as the AFD line up will be the one connected to this nonsense, and no one else, and especially not some guy called Gilby Clarke.

You're talking about 99-2011 GN'R like it was a band.

It wasn't.

You're also not taking into credit that Slash & Duff had FULL INTENTIONS of writing new GN'R material with Gilby and had already started.

It was Axl who fired him suddenly and without cause so he could put his "buddy" on rhythm, even the THE BAND wanted Gilby.

Gilby was a fucking band member, regardless of what some say. So was Dizzy, if you want to include CD, and the fact Dizzy probably would've wrote with Axl, had a new old GN'R happened in 1995. It was obvious that Dizzy was intended to be a full member.

And Matt was a member too. Although Matt wasn't credited with co-writing the songs, come recording time, even Matt said that Axl didn't really dictate to him what to do and what not to do, except on Estranged. Matt was pretty much let loose to do with it what he wanted.

Matt Sorum is just as much a part of UYI as anyone else. He's gotta be, 'cause I still want to beat his ass for those little unneccessary diddies at the end of Coma & Estranged.

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin
Gilby Clarke
Duff McKagan
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

everyone else fuck off. Simple as that.

I pretty much agree with this. After this lineup the whole thing pretty much ceased to exist as Guns N' Roses.  Gilby stepped up big time and fit in great for the two years they toured and he recoreded on TSI. Sorum recorded on the Illusions and TSI and toured with them for two years in height of their popularity. The CD era guys have done fuck all but collect a  paycheck really do nostalgia tribute tours and release am album nobody gave a shit about.

CD era has NOTHING to do with their nomination to the RRHOF. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why anyone thinks any of those guys should get in is way beyond me.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. CD is a huge part of GN'R's legacy. You want to put Gilby in for appearing in some music videos and doing a tour and replaced Izzy on some covers. Sorry, Tommy deserves to get in with GN'R if Gilby is in.

And, Matt and Gilby were there collecting paychecks too. But Tommy actually contributed to original Gn'R songs. Tommy is way more deserving than Gilby. You just like that line up more and hate the new line up.

And sorry again, CD was well received by critics and sold very well.

And yes, I know you're going to respond with another obnoxious, profanity laced, unnecessarily angry post. Have at it...

bucket

The only person showing, frankly INSANE, bias is you.

Tommy Stinson shouldn't even be acknowledged as existing in an induction. He has absolutely nothing to do with the reason that GN'R was nominated and the reason that GN'R 'will get in'.

Plus Tommy pretty much already admitted that he lifted Duff's entire act, and proudly. He brought absolutely nothing original to GN'R "so far" (as much as I love him), and frankly Axl Rose solo venture with the GN'R brand name, calling any of those guys 'band members' is a hard sell.

Guns N' Roses was a group of guys. A band, that officially was kaput in 1996 after original members of the band dropped below the 50% mark, and the fact that the original band agreement legally had been absolved by Axl who quit the agreement.

Technically under legal guidelines -- Axl Rose quit Guns N' Roses in Dec. 1995, which acknowledges it's not a band from that point forward, but one individual with a brand name and a roster of 'associates' (his word, not mine).

But that's another argument for another day...

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. CD is a huge part of GN'R's legacy. You want to put Gilby in for appearing in some music videos and doing a tour and replaced Izzy on some covers. Sorry, Tommy deserves to get in with GN'R if Gilby is in.

And, Matt and Gilby were there collecting paychecks too. But Tommy actually contributed to original Gn'R songs. Tommy is way more deserving than Gilby. You just like that line up more and hate the new line up.

And yes, I know you're going to respond with another obnoxious, profanity laced, unnecessarily angry post. Have at it...

bucket

Nobody gives a rats ass about CD era Guns N' Roses when it comes to the RRHOF. Only a handful of Gn'R fanboys online.  If people are even crazy enough to argue that the Illusions won't be aknowledegd what on god's green earth makes you think the CD era even has a sniff. The CD era means nothing in this  conversation of the RRHOF. Seriously it means nothing.

Great post. Sums it all up.

Bono wrote:

Nevermind is good but it was so overrated and over hyped it wasn't even funny. 2 years after that album came out everyone in my school was still listening to the Illusion albums while 2 years later Smells Like Teen Spirit was still the only Nirvana song anyone really cared about. Honestly it seemd like EVERYONE in my school had the Illuisons. Only a  handful of people had Nevermind and I don't ever recall Nevermind being played at any of the parties all through highschool. Pearl Jam was bigger in my neck of the woods than Nirvana ever was. Nirvana was honestly a  massive product of media hype.

I might've been young, but I was pretty aware at what was going on. I didn't know anyone adult-wise who owned Nevermind. No one.

But everyone at UYI I & II, and most of those same rock fans also had AIC's Facelift, and Pearl Jam's Ten. I don't remember people, everyday friends rock fans, taking real notice of Nirvana until In Utero came out in 1993. By then GN'R & Metallica were slowing down and about to take a huge break.

That's why I find it so funny when people say things like "Kurt Cobain & Chris Cornell were the leaders of grunge". Haha, maybe in your neck of the woods, but that's not how I remember it. I didn't know a single person who had a Soundgarden album until like 1996 when Down On The Upside came out.

"That's your truth. And that's cool" -- Duff McKagan 16

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

bucket

Nobody gives a rats ass about CD era Guns N' Roses when it comes to the RRHOF. Only a handful of Gn'R fanboys online.  If people are even crazy enough to argue that the Illusions won't be aknowledegd what on god's green earth makes you think the CD era even has a sniff. The CD era means nothing in this  conversation of the RRHOF. Seriously it means nothing.

Seriously, nobody gives a rat's ass what a bitter old line up fan thinks, either.  hmm

And his point, from what I gather, is that AFD had everything to do with people buying those UYI albums the day they came out.

If you went by sales numbers, they were at the height of their fame at AFD.   

Neemo wrote:

it is spelled right if you are Canadian  (or British or any english speaking country besides the USA)

You weirdos like to throw "U's" into everything, too.  Colour... Pfftt.

This post is seriously beneath you. "Bitter old band fans"

You mean GN'R fans? The ACTUAL one?

Bono makes a perfectly valid point and gets called a bitter old band fan? Really bullshit. I've seen Bono for years promote new GN'R, and believe it or not back in his MyGNR days he was one of the biggest pro new GN'R (time to move on from the old guys) around in those days. Very VERY supportive of the band.

It's really unfair for him to say something honest and basically be discredited with one line.

The only person that turned Bono bitter towards the new band and it's fucking pointless bullshit premise was W. Axl Rose. Not Robin, Bucket, Richard, Paul, Tommy, Brain, Frank, Dizzy or Chris.

You may love CD, and that's cool. I dig the album too, and if it wasn't for new GN'R, I would've never discovered Bucket or Tommy and became fans of them personally.

But the reality is we all live in this delusional geek world where CD and new GN'R actually matter...

They don't, and if they ever did, it was brief in 2001, when Axl failed to deliver CD.

Once again i'll say, GN'R only got their induction and consideration for everything that came before 1993. New GN'R isn't even in the topic of discussion with Wenner.

And i'd go so far to say that if Axl tries to pull some sort of "new GN'R has to be there" bullshit with the Hall, the Hall will just induct GN'R with Slash, Gilby, Duff, Steven & Matt and ignore Axl... before they'll have Axl and the entire Oklahoma State band core up there being called "Guns N' Roses".

Board footer