You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

faldor wrote:

This thread jumped the shark about 15 pages ago.  All this back and forth seems a little premature when we don't even know if GNR will be getting into the Hall.  This is, as has been covered, a ridiculous organization that has left out plenty of deserving bands.  It's far from a sure thing GNR will get in.  In fact, I'd be surprised if they do make it.  And IF they do make it, the main reason will be the publicity it will get with the "who will show up" issue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If GNR don't get in then the orginsation is a joke, I gather it's already a joke from what i've heard about other known acts not getting in, but yeah....take a step back and think about AFD and tell me that's not rock and that's not one of the most important rock albums in decades.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If GNR don't get in then the orginsation is a joke, I gather it's already a joke from what i've heard about other known acts not getting in, but yeah....take a step back and think about AFD and tell me that's not rock and that's not one of the most important rock albums in decades.

Agreed but you've also got The Cure who without question deserve to be in there maybe more so(at the moment) than Gn'R given they've been around almost ten years longer and have since 1993 released 4 albums(2 which were great) of new material. They've been given MTV Icon status as well. They've delivered classic albusma dn a lot fo classic songs. Their influence is HUGE albeit for a much different genre of music than most on these Gn'R sites tend to listen to or even aknowledge. The Cure should be a first ballot inductee but given the fact we all seem to agree the hall is a joke I could see it not happening.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

This thread jumped the shark about 15 pages ago.  All this back and forth seems a little premature when we don't even know if GNR will be getting into the Hall.  This is, as has been covered, a ridiculous organization that has left out plenty of deserving bands.  It's far from a sure thing GNR will get in.  In fact, I'd be surprised if they do make it.  And IF they do make it, the main reason will be the publicity it will get with the "who will show up" issue.

Honestly, they're guaranteed to get in precisely because of the controversy and potential TV ratings for either a trainwreck or reunion.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

When will this shit go down

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm happy to see it. This might be a fansite, but there's obviously alot of passion still for Guns N' Roses and what their legacy might or might not be. This thread also lured some old-time posters out of hiding to drop a line or two in the GN'R section.

It's been nice seeing the passion of people defending their idea of GN'R.

It's obviously something that means alot to them. Something very personal to them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff should be up there... all the rest are just shit on their shoes.

Axl wont go, Izzy probably wont, so I'd rather see Slash and Duff accept on their own,  the rest of the coat tail riding motherfuckers can buy a ticket like the rest of us 22

IF it happens, this is probably how it happens.  I have thought of the possibility that none of them go though.

Not a chance. There's not a chance in hell Slash passes up that opportunity to have his face in front of a camera beating off to his ego being in the RNRHOF. No way.

misterID wrote:

No, Axlin, I'm just responding to the same people, saying the same stuff, over and over again. There's no reason to be as abrasive as Bono has. If you think the way he responds to people is okay, then have at it. Frankly, I don't care who did what back at MyGNR, all I know is now, and nearly every thread gets bogged down by pointless bullshit. And Bono is right there doing it, calling people stupid, or fucked when they express their opinion, or say anything he disagrees with. Sorry, I didn't insult him. I actually respect his opinion, but not the way he expresses it. If you don't agree with him, he throws an obnoxious tantrum.

And when posts are changed that call this band Axl instead of GN'R, and constantly baiting people when bashing Robin, I consider that childish, disrespectful bullshit. I was not disrespectful to anyone in this thread. Some people I guess can't handle differing opinions, and cannot keep a level of respect when discussing this band.

No bias. If you ACTUALLY READ WHAT I SAID you would see that I said Tommy should get in IF Gilby does. Not hard to understand, at least I thought. Made my argument very clear and respectfully. That's what our argument was about. I wish you would have read that before you started your lecture, man.

And no, nobody really cares what an old line up fan thinks. Or at least about as much as they care about my opinion. Sorry. And you can save your "real fan" or "real GN'R" bullshit for some lengthy, indepth convo with jarmo. Again... Have at it.

What an absolutely pointless post.

So in other words, you believe what you believe and despite the fact it makes no sense at all outside these forum walls, somehow that makes you feel safe and above having to have some little lecture to prove what your opinion makes no sense at all to anyone other than you and DCK (I guess).

"Nobody really cares what an old line up fan thinks"

You're right, because outside of these fucking forums, nobody calls GN'R -- "Old lineup".

There's Guns N' Roses, and then there's what Axl's doing. So yeah, I guess you were right after all. Use Your Delusion.

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Seriously dude? Seriously? I think you need some more time to think about what you recently typed several hours ago.

This is beneath you as well. Same shit as Bono. I posted a hypothetical. I didn't actually argue in favor of it. Merely presented the idea.

See I have a real fuckin' hard time with that statment. Because i'm slowly beginning to feel you're not being honest with us here.

You posted a hypothetical. I took the hypothetical on and tried in my way to debunk it.

Then you so passionately seemingly took great offense at this, and Bono's tackling of it also.

You then basically said you thought UYI dragged down their legacy and image, despite them being "classic" albums.

So much for "hypothetical". Sounds like you believe it to me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash passed up the Key Club "reunion" so you can't assume he'd show.  I didn't say it was likely, I said it's something I considered.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

See I have a real fuckin' hard time with that statment. Because i'm slowly beginning to feel you're not being honest with us here.

You posted a hypothetical. I took the hypothetical on and tried in my way to debunk it.

Then you so passionately seemingly took great offense at this, and Bono's tackling of it also.

You then basically said you thought UYI dragged down their legacy and image, despite them being "classic" albums.

So much for "hypothetical". Sounds like you believe it to me.

Believe what? That the media, critics, and even casual fans don't have the same respect for UYI that they have for AFD? You really want to deny this? 16

The hypothetical was merely the idea that they might ignore UYI, which I don't think they will. I do think they might ignore Matt, Gilby, and Dizzy though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer