You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:

The station here plays YCBM and Heaven's Door quite a bit, but they also play SCOM, Jungle, and PC a lot too. I've always been surprised at how popular the studio version of Heaven's Door is. They added so much crap to it that they ruined the song compared to their early live performances of it. My "ultimate GN'R" playlist has the Ritz version instead of the studio version. I kinda feel bad for the casual fans out there who enjoy the studio version so much but don't have a clue about how much better it could have been.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

This thread jumped the shark about 15 pages ago.  All this back and forth seems a little premature when we don't even know if GNR will be getting into the Hall.  This is, as has been covered, a ridiculous organization that has left out plenty of deserving bands.  It's far from a sure thing GNR will get in.  In fact, I'd be surprised if they do make it.  And IF they do make it, the main reason will be the publicity it will get with the "who will show up" issue.

I'm happy to see it. This might be a fansite, but there's obviously alot of passion still for Guns N' Roses and what their legacy might or might not be. This thread also lured some old-time posters out of hiding to drop a line or two in the GN'R section.

It's been nice seeing the passion of people defending their idea of GN'R.

It's obviously something that means alot to them. Something very personal to them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with it.  I just find the insults being thrown around a little unnecessary when we don't know for sure if they're even getting in just yet.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash already said he'll be there when they're inducted on That Metal Show. He'll be there.

Axlin, again, go re-read my posts in this thread. I don't care about the HOF or who is inducted. I did not take it serious at all. My argument was about including Gilby and his contributions compared to other guys. And the "It's not GN'R since 1993" argument chimed in when it didn't need to. Id on't care who is or isn't included. You guys seem to care A LOT more than I do. Like Tej said, it was a hypothetical that was overblown to ridiculous levels. I've said a million times I respect peoples opinions even if I disagree with it. Yet you've ignored that, again. If you don't get that now, you never will. IMO, it's all about arguing over what is and isn't GN'R. Again. Sorry, not getting into that again. This argument with you is the only thing that's pointless.

And no, nobody cares what any of our opinions are here.

Sky Dog wrote:

the simple fact is Gilby and Matt were contracted musicians just like the new guys except that neither Gilby nor Matt have ANY writing credits to original Guns N Roses songs. In the end, they are more hired hands than Tommy, Mother Goose, and Dizzy.

Original 5 should be inducted and that is it....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

always drives me nuts when people say the HOF don't matter or Grammy awards dont matter.

sure they do.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

always drives me nuts when people say the HOF don't matter or Grammy awards dont matter.

sure they do.

true otherwise nobody wold ever talk about them. nobody would ever show up to accept them.  I think the thing is though "art" is subject to the viewer or lsitener I suppose so in that sense they don't really matter. I mean U2 has more grammy's than anyone in history but that doesn't mean shit to all the people who think they are the worst band of all time and there are a lot fo those people out there 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

True but i can separate what I like and hate from seeing why others love them etc

i don't like U2 but I can understand why they are so acclaimed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah obviously they matter. The damn thing is talked about apart of the band's legacy and history, and the Hall of Fame is covered worldwide.

Everyone will be watching. Sure no one cares what a forum boy thinks, but if people see new band members get inducted, most people's reaction will be "who?", and the other fun part will be watching the media absolutely ignore every single one of them, to race to talk to Axl & Slash, and to an extent Duff & Steven. Izzy's not much of a talker.

I'm sure Tommy Stinson will look forward to being ignored at a GN'R induction.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also want to just say that anything that I have said or theorized is just that -- opinion.

I did read everyone's thoughtful replies, although some of them I just wouldn't have posted myself.

But there's no hard feelings or any disrespect or misunderstandin on my part towards anyone and everyone in here.

All is cool. Much love.

smile

Board footer