You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Since everyone knows what Axl thinks, I thought I would actually quote him on the RRHOF......

In a 2008 fan forum interview, Axl Rose was asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "Never thought about that," he wrote. "Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now."

Posted it on page 2. 16

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 84#p205684

stealing my thunder all day....:D

Sorry bro. 16  5

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think he was reading a script during the Elton ceremony.

You mean like words on a  piece of paper that he likely wrote himself? 16

the rest I hear what you're saying. It would just seem strange where Guns N' Roses is basically given the highest honor in the music industry(if you look at it as an honor) and Axl doesn't show up while the other guys do.  I mean it's almost laughable that Axl has done "so much" over the years to keep the Gn'R name alive and get out there and tour as Guns N' Roses, release an album as Guns N' Roses and after all that the real Guns N' Roses accepts the induction with Axl nowhere to be found.   Such a  fucked up situation and in the end it kills any credibility the new Guns would ever have in the eyes of the public.

First off, what credibility does new Guns have exactly?  And how exactly would accepting the honor and sharing the stage with the original members help new Guns?  I see it doing just the opposite.  Fans finally get what they've been waiting for, for one night.  Then after that they'll finally accept the new lineup?  I highly doubt that.

Hey, I wish they'd all show up and play nice for one day.  But I see this being an ugly situation.  Maybe the voters will have a stipulation that they'll only vote them in if they all show up, to avoid another Van Halen debacle.  Axl would nix it, and that'd be the end of it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Maybe the voters will have a stipulation that they'll only vote them in if they all show up, to avoid another Van Halen debacle.  Axl would nix it, and that'd be the end of it.

One thing is sure. Axl won't be bullied into a reunion. If that was the case, he would have already done it by now. Azoff tried to put as much leverage on him as possible and it turned into a separate trainwreck.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think you guys are forgetting one thing -- "The Duff Factor"

I could see Duff playing middle man and getting Axl to show up and appear and speak, despite Slash's prescence.

But performing? Forget it. Not gonna happen.

The only way I see Axl blowing people's minds, hell freezing over and GN'R (the real one) performing at the induction is if (between now and then) Axl washes his hands of pushing new GN'R, and goes balls deep on the reunion.

'Cause Axl's not stupid. And he knows from those 2008 statements that if they were to perform live at the RNRHOF show, that unless they officially announced it'd be a "one off performance, then we retire", everyone would be expecting the press release of a Guns N' Roses reunion after the show.

I just don't know where Axl's at. We haven't heard from him publicly on the matter since 2009, and although at that time Slash was a 'cancer', he did appear with Duff in 2010, and at other times reunions have been closer than we all realized.

I think Izzy also could be convinced to be there, but only if Axl will be there. I don't see Izzy showing up for an Axl-less reunion induction. But I agree with Bono, that Axl has to show up if they get inducted. He would look like such an epic douche not being there, AND it would finally bury any good will he has left concerning the public perception of "Guns N' Roses". Like Bono said, it'd look incredibly bad on him, Mr. Guns N' Roses, not being there while Slash speaks TO THE WORLD about Guns N' Roses. I'd think Axl wouldn't want that to happen, and that's exactly what will happen if he doesn't agree to it.

jmho

Sadly... here's what I think will happen.

GN'R will make it
Slash, Duff, Steven, Gilby & Matt will appear to be inducted
Duff might pass along a "statement from Axl"
Then basically the UYI-Guns + Steven will play GN'R songs with guest-vocalists at the HOF

Gilby & Matt will initially talk about how honored they all are. Then the original members will come out, and you'll be wishing Slash & Steven would shut up. Duff will constantly throw in how it's not the same without Axl & Izzy here in every interview.

Slash & Duff will be real humble about the whole thing.

After Axl fails to appear at the HOF, Steven will hit the press circuit talking about how much of a fucking asshole he is, and how he ruined the appearence and any chance at a reunion, and how it's his fault that he ruined the best band in the world, and that it's not the real GN'R out there, the real GN'R was up on stage the other night, and Axl was too pussy to be there (this part will be true).

Sad... but unless I see a real medicated, happy Axl, I seriously don't see this happening.

When they do get inducted -- Steven Tyler & Joe Perry should do it imo.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

My read on Axl's quote about the price being too high is that getting up on stage with just the original guys (or guys up to UYI) is almost like an admission that what came after that isn't GNR. 

Yet Axl has tried (largely unsuccessfully) to convince the world that GNR still exists and the new band is just as legitimate as old GNR etc etc.  Maybe he sees turning up with the old guys as an admission of defeat on this front?

That said how could the new band get up anyhow, I mean DJ doesn't even have any music written under the GNR name.  If he's there shouldn't Bucket and Finck be also. 

That's where it gets stupid, so it's the original guys plus maybe Matt and Dizzy (Gilby??)  and that's it.  Anything more than that becomes farcicle.  Therein lies Axl's dilemma.

That said it would be nice to think that after all these years Axl has somewhat developed as a human being, that he has developed some type of progression and maturity to the point where he could actually act llike the adult he is and be civil and suck it up for one night, before retreating to Malibu Hollow. 

Who knows he might actually even end up having fun if he dared let himself.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Like Bono said, it'd look incredibly bad on him, Mr. Guns N' Roses, not being there while Slash speaks TO THE WORLD about Guns N' Roses. I'd think Axl wouldn't want that to happen, and that's exactly what will happen if he doesn't agree to it.

If that happened there would probably then be a lawsuit against Slash for mis-representing himself as being in Guns N' Roses.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it.

My read on Axl's quote about the price being too high is that getting up on stage with just the original guys (or guys up to UYI) is almost like an admission that what came after that isn't GNR. 

Yet Axl has tried (largely unsuccessfully) to convince the world that GNR still exists and the new band is just as legitimate as old GNR etc etc.  Maybe he sees turning up with the old guys as an admission of defeat on this front?

That said how could the new band get up anyhow, I mean DJ doesn't even have any music written under the GNR name.  If he's there shouldn't Bucket and Finck be also. 

That's where it gets stupid, so it's the original guys plus maybe Matt and Dizzy (Gilby??)  and that's it.  Anything more than that becomes farcicle.  Therein lies Axl's dilemma.

That said it would be nice to think that after all these years Axl has somewhat developed as a human being, that he has developed some type of progression and maturity to the point where he could actually act llike the adult he is and be civil and suck it up for one night, before retreating to Malibu Hollow. 

Who knows he might actually even end up having fun if he dared let himself.

I agree. I think if Axl and Slash could just talk it out privately, alot of shit would be buried. Instead they talk through middle men which accomplishes nothing.

If Axl would just relax the entire ordeal could be one of happiness, and probably the last real "moment" for Guns N' Roses. All positive, no bullshit.

But for that to happen, it requires Axl to be there and be cool with Slash.

For Axl to retain his new GN'R, the best case scenario would be to tell everyone right up front that the old GN'R 'will perform', but it'll be a one-off, one-night only performance.

This accomplishes several things. A classy moment for GN'R. The real band is there and performs. Axl gets to keep his touring GN'R (without much criticism other than the usual suspects). The rest of the band get to have their moment and reflect on GN'R. PLUS, the reunion gets to keep it's value for a rainy day if Axl decides to put the band back together.

Win-win-win

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This accomplishes several things. A classy moment for GN'R. The real band is there and performs. Axl gets to keep his touring GN'R (without much criticism other than the usual suspects). The rest of the band get to have their moment and reflect on GN'R. PLUS, the reunion gets to keep it's value for a rainy day if Axl decides to put the band back together.

Win-win-win

I said this the other day. I don't want a Hall of Fame reunion performance and I don't want a reunion tour. I want a one-off reunion at Rio. They are scheduling them more frequently in coming years (next one is 2013). Give us an amazing one-off show with your most dedicated fans, pro-shot with 4K digital cameras so it will look incredible on Blu-ray. 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio. Would be epic. 22

The only way I would want a reunion show at the Hall of Fame is if they got to play at least an hour long set. Fuck playing a few songs when you have such a strong catalog of tracks.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree. I think if Axl and Slash could just talk it out privately, alot of shit would be buried. Instead they talk through middle men which accomplishes nothing.

If Axl would just relax the entire ordeal could be one of happiness, and probably the last real "moment" for Guns N' Roses. All positive, no bullshit.

But for that to happen, it requires Axl to be there and be cool with Slash.

For Axl to retain his new GN'R, the best case scenario would be to tell everyone right up front that the old GN'R 'will perform', but it'll be a one-off, one-night only performance.

Win-win-win

That just might work and sit well with a lot fo fans.  It's well past time to bury the hatchet. they don't have to be lovers but fuck just aknwoeldge the greatness that they were together.

And Faldor having Axl show up doesn't help the new band's cred but it is better than not showing up and having the world say "Now that's Guns N' Roses not Axl's fake band" If Axl is up there with them it is Guns N' Roses and it's an aknowledgement of the past. If Axl can aknowledge it in a positive way then maybe the fans and general public finally can as well. BUT Axl simply not showing up makes him look like a  douche.  So you pick. What scenario is better? Regardless of their street red(which wasn't even my point) because I wasn't suggesting they're gonna get it back either way.  Not that they've ever even lost it to be honest. Fuck if I lived on the street and hit the jackpot I'm nto stayting on the street 16

On a side note The Cure should defiitely be in. One of the most influential bands of all time, still influencing bands. From the Killers, to Tiger Army, to AFI, to Marilyn Manson, NIN, Deftones, Blink 182, Airborne Toxic Event,  those are just off the top of my head right now....... They NEED to get in.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The only way I would want a reunion show at the Hall of Fame is if they got to play at least an hour long set. Fuck playing a few songs when you have such a strong catalog of tracks.

I hear ya. It sucked that U2 only got to play 3 songs when they got in.

Board footer