You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The only way I would want a reunion show at the Hall of Fame is if they got to play at least an hour long set. Fuck playing a few songs when you have such a strong catalog of tracks.

I hear ya. It sucked that U2 only got to play 3 songs when they got in.

U2 wasn't reuniting so that's more understandable. But if you manage to pull off a reunion (especially if it's a one-off) for one of the most bitter feuds in rock history, you damn well better give them a shitload of time...as much time as they want or are willing to play. You give 'em a 3 hour space to do whatever the fuck they want and I'm cool with it. But if they're going to do a one-off, I'd rather see it at a festival event so as many fans as possible can experience it. There's no better festival event for GN'R than Rio. They are gods in South America, especially Brazil.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I like that Rio idea.

I liked Alan Niven's idea of having a full one-off reunion show at the grand opening of the new WTC in New York City too.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

U2 wasn't reuniting so that's more understandable. But if you manage to pull off a reunion (especially if it's a one-off) for one of the most bitter feuds in rock history, you damn well better give them a shitload of time...as much time as they want or are willing to play. You give 'em a 3 hour space to do whatever the fuck they want and I'm cool with it. But if they're going to do a one-off, I'd rather see it at a festival event so as many fans as possible can experience it. There's no better festival event for GN'R than Rio. They are gods in South America, especially Brazil.

fair enough I hear ya. You're right if Gn'R is reuniting for a one off show fucking give them the entire week to do what they want. No time limit.

Personally I'd prefer a one off reunion at the Ritz or something similar rather than a  big massive festival. If I got to see it in person great if not the dvd at the Ritz would be ten times cooler than Rio in my opinion. 

But Rio is a good idea too

Axlin08 wrote:

I liked Alan Niven's idea of having a full one-off reunion show at the grand opening of the new WTC in New York City too.

10   Guns N' Roses for that?  nah I'm thinking someone like Bruce Springstein.  Gn'R is so not the appropriate band for that kind of thing

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

fair enough I hear ya. You're right if Gn'R is reuniting for a one off show fucking give them the entire week to do what they want. No time limit.

Personally I'd prefer a one off reunion at the Ritz or something similar rather than a  big massive festival. If I got to see it in person great if not the dvd at the Ritz would be ten times cooler than Rio in my opinion. 

The thing about Rio is it's like watching a religious event. Look at this shit, and this isn't even with the real band:

Can you imagine their reaction if the real GN'R showed up for a one-off in Rio 2013? That would be the 20th anniversary since the last real GN'R concert. You market the shit out of that to the people down there and it would be the most electric atmosphere imaginable.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The only reason he says Rio is it'd be that HUGE stadium crowd, and that goes alot for the buzz of a show.

I agree with him. GNR's final moment in a club, might be cool for Izzy, but would be embarrassing to me. Hell new GN'R can sell out a club.

They need to go out as the biggest band in the world again, if just for one night.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only reason he says Rio is it'd be that HUGE stadium crowd, and that goes alot for the buzz of a show.

I agree with him. GNR's final moment in a club, might be cool for Izzy, but would be embarrassing to me. Hell new GN'R can sell out a club.

They need to go out as the biggest band in the world again, if just for one night.

Not sure if this is real or not but Axl apparently said years ago that he felt Rio '91 was their best show ever. No doubt the crowd's adoration for the band played a part in his perception of the show. But it also plays a part in my perception of the show watching old videos of it. Incredible crowd. Like I said in another post, it's similar to a religious event. And in the case of a one-off reunion where the hatchet finally gets buried, you want that same type of atmosphere. The pure joy of the Brazilians can't help but provide a great experience for the band members. I'm a selfish bastard, but I do want them to enjoy it if they can ever finally agree to do it. I definitely feel that the friendly confines of Rock In Rio would provide a great experience for them, and certainly a very memorable Blu-ray for all of us.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08 wrote:

10   Guns N' Roses for that?  nah I'm thinking someone like Bruce Springstein.  Gn'R is so not the appropriate band for that kind of thing

I think Niven's point, and I think he actually said it, that other than rebuilding Zeppelin, GN'R being "reunited" "reformed" "rebuilt" was the equivalent of a huge fuckin' event in the biggest city in the world, and the WTC being rebuilt.

In his opinion, and I agree with him, GN'R would actually be the only appropriate band for that. It would take a band that big to do it. American hard rock is personified in Guns N' Roses.

Having fucking Jay-Z, Bruce Springsteen, and John Mayer playing it would be fucking gay, and anti-climax.

I think Niven also had the idea of using Paradise City as an opener to the show.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

they'd need a better stage. I dont' get the religious vibe you guys are talking about with the crowd being so far removed from the band. It's jsut music festival style. Part of the spiritual vibe is the closness of a band to it's crowd even in a  massive setting. Musically and physically there's more connection. Although I can't deny the energy of that Brazillian crowd cause it's off the f-ing charts for sure. Maybe they could use one of U2's stages. Just the visual of having band members  "IN" the corwd is amazing to me. Axl and Slash would be so unreal on a  round stage like this  wink   being able to film the crowd and the band is in the shot playing with fans all around is wicked.

This one might even be a better example

sorry for going U2 I just think if they did a massive show they should consider a  stage similar to this.

I don't know, original Gn'R at their roots is what I'd like to see. If you could  see Gn'R at Rio or at the Ritz what show you picking?  Both would be super cool I'd just prefer a  25th Ritz Annniversary. tha'd be fucking cool. Plus with a smaller stage Axl and Slash would Have to interact a little. With a big Rio stage Axl would never go near him 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

For music quality, definitely Ritz. More controlled environment for the audio, plus Axl wouldn't be running around as much so he would be able to sing better. And you make a good point about Axl/Slash interacting on a small stage compared to a big one. But for the pure "wow" factor, the Rio crowd sure is tempting.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

haha, you're right, and you're wrong.

Here's my answer...

If i'm GOING TO THE SHOW personally

Ritz

If i'm GOING TO BUY THE BLU RAY

Rio

Board footer