You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

For music quality, definitely Ritz. More controlled environment for the audio, plus Axl wouldn't be running around as much so he would be able to sing better. And you make a good point about Axl/Slash interacting on a small stage compared to a big one. But for the pure "wow" factor, the Rio crowd sure is tempting.

Agreed on all fronts. Add to it the "U2 style" stage in the videos above and a show in Rio would be insane and would make an inceredible dvd

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do you guys think a Rio GN'R crowd would be too rowdy for a U2-style stage?

They about fuckin' killed those dancers during that Robin solo during Rio III.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Do you guys think a Rio GN'R crowd would be too rowdy for a U2-style stage?

They about fuckin' killed those dancers during that Robin solo during Rio III.

I was actually thinking about that myself. In that Untill the End of the World video Bono is almost stepping into the crowd and grabbing hands with the fans. Maybe Axl would get swallowed up 14

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

For music quality, definitely Ritz. More controlled environment for the audio, plus Axl wouldn't be running around as much so he would be able to sing better. And you make a good point about Axl/Slash interacting on a small stage compared to a big one. But for the pure "wow" factor, the Rio crowd sure is tempting.

Agreed on all fronts. Add to it the "U2 style" stage in the videos above and a show in Rio would be insane and would make an inceredible dvd

Have you seen the recent AC/DC Blu-ray? Show was from 2009 but Blu-ray was released this year. It's from River Plate Stadium in Argentina. They had a similar stage where the band was able to interact with the audience. Crowd was absolutely insane, possibly crazier than the Rio crowds we've seen over the years. Check it out:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You gotta give it to AC/DC... there fans never tire of hearing You Shook Me All Night Long for the 8,000,000-th time.

I'd be the one asshole there screaming "PLAY BIG GUN"

Bono

Bono wrote:

yeah that's a cool stage too. Just like the Foo Fighters stage from Wembly Stadium. Gn'R, AC/DC, Foo Fighters being hard rock bands they must have to keep a  larger distance from the  crowd though. Admittedly as much as U2 fans will sing along it's not gonna get overly insane in the crowd. They must trust their fans more cause their runways are way closer to the crowd 16
[youtube]a-98DQdaTqs&feature=related[/youtube]

But yeah if Gn'R did a one off ina  huge setting they'd need a stage that at least went out into the crowd somewhat. It's just cooler. Cooler for the band and for the fans.

Axlin08 wrote:

You gotta give it to AC/DC... there fans never tire of hearing You Shook Me All Night Long for the 8,000,000-th time.

I'd be the one asshole there screaming "PLAY BIG GUN"

14 My buddy has seen them like 8 times over the last 20 years and he says it's pretty much the exact same show everytime. Fun but always the same.  Big Gun hugely underrated AC/DC song though

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Whether Axl shows up or not, or who's there and who's not. It doesen't really matter THAT much. I mean, it may mean something to certain fans on the boards (for various reasons). But as a worldwide news-event or as a consern for casual rockfans to tip their opinion on WHATEVER in either direction...naaah...not so much!

I bet the majority of casual Metallica-fans couldn't tell you what went down a couple of years ago when Metallica was inducted into RRHOF.

I consider myself a person who pays above avarage attention to what goes on in the world of music. I could only name two acts in the RRHOF and that's Elton John and Metallica.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

CBS news reruns top story every hr or so they show the PC clip and mention GnR Its nice to see them on local tv again big_smile

johndivney wrote:

RRHOF is a piece of shit corrupt institution administered by a bunch of goonish clowns

they're only interested in using the GnR controversy/conflict as propaganda for their own sorry means

Bono

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

RRHOF is a piece of shit corrupt institution administered by a bunch of goonish clowns

they're only interested in using the GnR controversy/conflict as propaganda for their own sorry means

dude I hope you're able to reread your posts when you're 50 so you can realize how ridiculous your anti establishment, anti authority, down with the man attiude is.  To be fair(I'll get it in before Madagas does tongue ) maybe I'll be able to reread my posts when I'm 50 and realize how abrasive I am 16

Board footer