You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

Intercourse wrote:

Axl can't go to the induction. He rejected every one of the old guys on some level and has claimed the band's name and legacy as his own; we've heard it from Merc and a few others, Axl's position was and still is  'I am Guns N Roses'.

It would be an EPIC stand down to go there and hear all the platitudes about the 100 million albums sold with the men standing beside you; while you know everybody there is just thinking about how fucking insane and deluded you were to give that all up to form what is seen as a revolving-door cabaret band whose members garner sympathy the world for the shitty working conditions they endure when compared to those offered to musicians in other globally successful bands.

Why go there to have your failure stuffed down your neck? How many times do you reckon each member of old GNR has heard "Man you could have been the new Stones, what the fuck happened?"

The rest of them can deal with these questions because they all appear to have made their peace with their place in the shit storm; only Uncle Axl has not. Hence the total absence of an article, book or even a real interview with Axl to really get down to what made him make the decisions he did.

He's not going to go there to get asked all of those questions he has dodged for a decade and a half. Axl will do what Axl does, stay at home and watch the whole thing on TV working himself into a huge rage then post something convoluted but extremely bitchy and petty through one of his minions.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Which will be stupid, because even if Axl stays home... he looks EVEN MORE like a FAILURE.

He'll never get it. The more he beats the drum of being right, the more he runs from this stuff, the more Slash kicks his ass in the court of public opinion.

The best thing Axl could do is throw it back in Slash's face. Go to the HOF induction, and every single question they ask him Intercourse, about "you could've been the next Stones, what the fuck happened?"

Axl respond just like this...

"Ya know I really thought that too. We really had something special with those guys. I never wanted it to end, but Slash wanted to do a solo album, and he just kinda left and quit the band. They all did. I didn't want that but they quit and I moved on the best way I thought we could at the time"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Your move Slash

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

RRHOF is a piece of shit corrupt institution administered by a bunch of goonish clowns

they're only interested in using the GnR controversy/conflict as propaganda for their own sorry means

dude I hope you're able to reread your posts when you're 50 so you can realize how ridiculous your anti establishment, anti authority, down with the man attiude is.  To be fair(I'll get it in before Madagas does tongue ) maybe I'll be able to reread my posts when I'm 50 and realize how abrasive I am 16

John's has fallin' off the shelf....you can't keep up with him right now. He's on a roll.:D

johndivney wrote:

i'm only anti-establishment or anti-authority when that establishment is corrupt, misguided & detrimental

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If that's Axl's comeback line he's finished. Most people blame him for driving everyone out of the band. They'll just say that it was his fault they left.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Casting blame is pointless.

You can say Axl was emotional.
You can say Slash was a junkie.
You can say Duff was a drunk.
You can say Adler was a mess.
You can say Izzy wasn't able to comit to anything.

At the end of the day, as big assholes as any of them may or may not be they still became the greatest band in the world, and gave us some of the best rock and roll albums of all time - and that's what HOR should be about.

I think it would be cool if they each got up and gave a speach, and then the music side of it was each of them showcasing their new directions. Axl could get up with DJ and premiere one of their new tracks, and Slash and Myles can do a track from the forthcomming record.

It'd be really cool if everyone could just be civil like that and recgonise that although that line up feel apart and those days are long over, that at the time it was something pretty magical.

Sky Dog wrote:

always the voice of reason....casting blame is pointless.:/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you know it would make my day if a handshake and a brief hug between axl and slash capped the induction ... maybe a pic of the orig 5 guys standing together or something

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you know it would make my day if a handshake and a brief hug between axl and slash capped the induction ... maybe a pic of the orig 5 guys standing together or something

Yer that would make my day

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

When is this

Board footer