You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Bono wrote:

Oh man dont' even start with the rain as an excuse or I'll start posting U2 videos of them kicking ass in a torential down pour in Zurich in 2010 for 2+ hours.  If the rain set Axl off he should just retire. the rain added a special element to it and had he manned up in the rain it would've been cool but no he pouted. I'm not saying Axl thinks the rain was the issue but let's as fans not start tossing the bullshit rain excuse card out there cause in all honesty it's not a valid excuse. Not at all.

I think it's simple case of Axl probably thinking he's just the fucking man and he overestimated his own ability. He got cocky and felt he was above preparing it seems to me. That or he just didn't care and truely wanted to be somewhere else.  Who knows.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually think the rain made the This I Love performance 10x cooler.

Added ambience.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

He looked like ronald mcdonald in that rain jacket i was wait for a button to blow off and kill someone big_smile old axl looks like he doent mind 1 or 2 big macs

johndivney wrote:

did the new season of Dexter premiere last night?

maybe Axl was pissy he missed it cause he had to stand out in the rain in Rio for 2hours..

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

If anyone has a link to a download of the show, I'd be much obliged.  Couldn't stay up to watch it last night.  please PM me if you do

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

What was the setlist?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl looked and sounded terrible. It was a bad night for Guns N' Roses in the eyes of casual fans.  It was a great night for die hards as Estranged helped the band save a lot of face.

Up and coming, I don't think Axl looks ready for a US tour. He is working a double chin, looks bloated in the face and stomach, and sounds wretched. There was a discernable lack of preparation as he continously forgot lyrics, mumbling entire stanzas to pass the time. I think that was a good description of this entire show: a walk through, a mumbling sleepwalk.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

From Twitter:

Bumblefoot: Apologies for f'ing up the Jungle solo tonight, I couldn't see through that stormtrooper helmet and was trying to get it off my head, haha!!
mo, okt 03 13:32:09 from web

Bumblefoot: But at least I know I can still do this. (With help from Advil, whiskey & massage...) Thanks to ALL of you for tuning in, was an HONOR smile
mo, okt 03 13:34:44 from web

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If anyone has a link to a download of the show, I'd be much obliged.  Couldn't stay up to watch it last night.  please PM me if you do

All the vids are here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadca … DBLygh9Fuw

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

added the setlist to the first post

Board footer