You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Best Buckethead moment

Axlin16 wrote:

Unfortunately the Tokyo 2009 soundboard is not the greatest quality ever.

But Axl's voice on the AFD tracks, is the 1980s vintage. I agree with everyone else, maybe not the band, but Axl-wise... that's the BEST vocal performance i've ever heard from Axl on Nightrain.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

[youtube]wAT7MzSPQAY&feature=related[/youtube]

Here's a cool moment. The vid's focus gets pretty funny when the girl starts to sing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

^Forgot how cool that song is^ Thanks for the reminder.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That video is full of so much win. The obsession with her tits, Monti's bass on the breakdown, the dude behind Bucket in the giraffe mask, the fact Bucket lets the singers take center stage, Pinchface.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Apparently I have the Mic-Mix version of the soundboard.

'Cause the one i've got has Axl in pristine quality, and you can hear Axl & Tommy talking ear-mic's with the crew, but the band is hollow and turned WAY down in the mix.

You can hardly hear the band on some songs.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well if there's some sort of better soundboard that showcases the band -- hook me up, 'cause i've got an open mind.

I'd love to have some pristine soundboard copies of Catcher, TWAT & Prostitute live.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That soundboard is the one i've got, and i'm sorry dude -- it sounds absolutely fucking horrendously awful. I don't hear at all what you guys are hearing. It's the mic-mix, and the vocals are way up and the band is way down.

It's not even comparable to the pristine, CD-ready release-quality soundboards from the 2002 shows, and certaintly not the 1991-93 soundboards. Not even comparable.

I REALLY REALLY like that AMAZING audience recording. So if you can, hook me up with the 'audience' boot please (rare that they sound that damn good).

Board footer