You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Chinese Democracy Re-Release With US Tour?

Ali wrote:
Manets wrote:

From MisterSaintLaurent on February:
http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=346

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

30 dates. Yep. All announced dates so far are on that list.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

Monster Energy Drink, yep. John Varvatos, yep. They have Guns N' Roses t-shirts on their new collection, the ones with the tour logo.

From his video:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Going Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

Going Down. Big yep!

Well, we've all seen that Guns N' Roses has being testing new stage set on South America. Maybe they wanna get in US with full power. With Axl rehearsaled and the stage tested.

And don't forget: Chinese Democracy has being vanished from US for sometime now. Like if it had never been released.

No Ft. Lauderdale, no Toronto, no Calgary, no Winniped, no San Jose (yet), no Phoenix (yet), no DC.  No Varvatos, no Bloomingdales, no Deleon Tequila and no Harley Davidson as tour sponsors.  Only Monster Energy Drink.

Going Down is accurate (assuming of course it isn't "Ain't Goin' Down" big_smile ).

You are being way too generous in your assessment of the accuracy of what MSL said.  You are only looking part of the picture, not the whole picture. 

Ali

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i heard that there was going to be no canadian dates...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Interesting theory that's for sure.

I'm going to be in two Best Buy's today. I'll see if I can get someone to search in their system and see if anything is going on.

No way in hell Best Buy fucks themselves twice.

The only way this works is if there is a FULL second CD added to Chinese of new songs.

A re-release with even a couple new tracks and a cover would be DOA.

I still don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell it ever happens. (i'd love it to though; it would reinvigorate my interest in Guns at a VERY desperate time that I really need a REASON to like this band again)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Manets wrote:

From MisterSaintLaurent on February:
http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=346

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

30 dates. Yep. All announced dates so far are on that list.

Tampa is not on that list, and that's without me bothering to look at the others.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jackie Chan was supposed to be "leaked" through their Facebook page and a song called "Blood In The Water" was supposed to be released for this plan to happen.  Not happening.  I think it's very possible they went with Doc's plan, but just cut out all the really cool, exciting shit that the fans would really care about and get excited for.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Although the thing with MSL often seemed to be there's a basis of truth in what he says but then there's the second layer of bullshit added to trade with hoarders and so on.

I seem to recall he claimed to posess that entire track list not just know the names...but then wound up with "so if u have something I don't call me".

Bullshit aside though...it's obvious elements of what he had have some basis or once did.....and it's not really all that surprising...we know they've been planning this tour for years....bumble mentioned it a couple of times when it got cancelled and stuff...

Which means at one stage perhpas the plan was to do a marketed targeted re-release around the tour. Which i can see the logic - half of us went on about "how can you do a 5th chinese tour?" and we're not even in the business. So it figures if dealing with promoters you might at least at one stage work on a plan that involved a new product of some kind - like a bonus track re-release or something.

The interesting thing is the product side of it doesnt appear to be happening. Which of course sucks but maybe not. I'd much rather an EP or a fresh album is the next release...dropping plans to re-do chinese 1 may accellerate that process.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A re-release with even a couple new tracks and a cover would be DOA.

How can that be DOA?!

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Are we still hanging on for "Top Of The Fuckin' World ver.2.0."?
Do us diehards really think THAT is a reality?

That to me that is a pipedream and a fantasy.

Hell, I just want new music for ME!

Simple and selfish! 22

Sky Dog wrote:

an ep would be nice but a re-release of chinese is fuckin idiotic...which means it will probably happen!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
madagas wrote:

an ep would be nice but a re-release of chinese is fuckin idiotic...which means it will probably happen!

Didn't think of it like that. You're right of course.:headbang:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

It would cost them virtually NOTHING to re release CD.U already have the CD maters.. Slap a couple new songs.. Release one of them as a single *Better be something great* and re release it with a DVD of one of the 2010 shows... maybe even add a "Remix" CD into the package or something as well. and just about every body who bought CD would re up for this.

Board footer