You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Could the tide be turning

monkeychow wrote:

Well I could be wrong...maybe he'll bust out a triple pack next year...I just figure 2014  seems around the earliest time I can imagine them doing it...and even that requires a bit of faith.

It doesn't bug me that the songs were written long ago though - I figure NR was old by the time it was released....a good song stands the test of time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sometimes I really wonder what some of you are smoking...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Me? I'm just saying that the age of the underlying material for any new release wouldn't bother me.

Good songs remain good songs.

The other day I listened to YCBM up real loud and it was killer, doesn't matter to me that it's a song that must be 20 years or so old...(maybe more given the way some of it's lyrics were in my AFD linear notes).

If Axl's unheard songs have great melodies and stuff it doesn't matter how long ago they were made.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe anybody is even discussing a new album much less speculating on a release date.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

release date for gnr's next album:
DEC. 21 2012

seriously though

axl will feel things out, including HOF
maybe let dj play around with unreleased cd material
and maybe youll see a release of old music

this band will not write, record, and release a new album from scratch : (

not in the near future any ways

i'd say they'll be some silence for an unknown bit of time

and then either a reunion or another cut and paste cd release of all remaining material and then axl will be done releasing music.

i dont see him retiring from performing for a while yet. dude still has that magic in him and still has to complete about 4 UYI tours to catch up with all the appetite jerk offs hes been content to provide.

id really like to see him mellow out at some point and release some more laid back blues based rock with more piano and just one guitar player.

something he can sell to, not only us but, to himself as he ages into his golden years.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe anybody is even discussing a new album much less speculating on a release date.

Yeah, no shit. The window for that MSL rumor has come and gone. I think at one point it might've been considered to release or re-release CD as a double-disc listen, but obviously those plans are dead in water.

At least with the HOF nom, there's a slight and I mean a SLIGHT chance they'd consider a reunion. Even if it's a one night thing.

A new album? I haven't seen anything that would even remotely allude to that happening anytime soon.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I do agree that to some extent the tide is or at least could be changing, I just encourage some restraint on the level of that change.  As we all know, things change direction on a whim from one person.

I'll be encouraged if they can complete a US tour with no incidents or cancellations with arenas being at least half full.  To me, that will be progress.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I do agree that to some extent the tide is or at least could be changing, I just encourage some restraint on the level of that change.  As we all know, things change direction on a whim from one person.

I'll be encouraged if they can complete a US tour with no incidents or cancellations with arenas being at least half full.  To me, that will be progress.

I'd agree with that.  Obviously some band (Axl) interviews along the way might help things, but it's doubtful we'll get anything along those lines.  I think that's where Slash and Duff are missed the most.  Axl was never too keen on interviews but Slash and Duff could pick up the slack because people cared about what they had to say.  I'm sure Ron and DJ would love to carry the load, but the general public wouldn't bother to listen to what they had to say.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah i'm very curious too.

Many tickets are still available, some were recently released that are actually in the section next to the stage -- with a WEEK to go. The upper level hasn't even been opened yet because of the average demand, and  the floor is still very available.

My guess is the lower bowl will be totally full, the floor will be 2/3 full, and some of the club sections & loge boxes might be full, or 2/3 full. Upper won't even be used imo.

So in other words -- half-full.

Board footer