You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: SLASH: New Songtitles Revealed

jamester wrote:

Slash
Just back from the studio. Ruff mixes sound great. Played a few for Eddie Trunk. Said he dug it. I'm doing TMS 2morrow, we'll see. Iii|; )'
10 hours ago

Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) has completed the first recording session for his upcoming solo album at Barefoot Recording in Hollywood, California with producer Eric Valentine (QUEENS OF STONE AGE, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS). Joining Slash in the studio were the members of his touring band: vocalist Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE), rhythm guitarist Bobby Schneck, bassist Todd Kerns (SIN CITY SINNERS, formerly of AGE OF ELECTRIC), and drummer Brent Fitz (formerly of THEORY OF A DEADMAN).
slashband2011.jpg
Slash played three of the newly recorded songs — "Halo", "Standing In The Sun" and "Bad Rain" — for VH1 Classic "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk, who tweeted yesterday, "I can tell you the three songs I heard are heavy with killer riffs and vocals. It's the same band that he has been touring with last couple years on the album, and it sounds more cohesive because of it. Really strong!"

Slash's as-yet-untitled new album is tentatively due next April.

In a recent interview, Slash stated about the musicians in his band, "I was really fortunate. When I'd done the [first solo] record, I thought, 'I've gotta tour on this.' And I had to figure how I was gonna actually pull that off. And I set about auditioning musicians in L.A. and I just happened to meet Brent Fitz, who I'd never played before and who is not from Los Angeles; he was one of the guys I auditioned and he was great. And then he introduced me to Todd Kerns, who fit in perfectly. And it turned out to be a great band from the start — definitely worth going in and making a record with."

Valentine previously worked with Slash on the guitarist's self-titled solo album. But "the big difference," according to Slash, will be that Eric is "also gonna be mastering this one" in addition to recording and mixing the CD. "So it's like one-stop shopping, which is pretty cool," the axeman said.

Regarding the musicial direction of his new material and how it compares to last year's self-titled effort, Slash said, "This one's definitely a very focused… Very hard. Some of it's very heavy. It's got sort of a more unified sound to it, especially with one vocal all throughout."

should be interesting

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sounds bad ass to me...slash doing heavy riffs = all good!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Heavy is always good expect in the cases of women 16

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

i getting a chubby reading this, even if Myles is annoying I can't wait to hear the riffs!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Sounds promising. I really dig Myles' voice and lyrics, so I have complete faith in them putting out a great album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Heavy is always good expect in the cases of women 16

AC/DC disagrees.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am sooo ready for this shit, mainly cause now its like a "real band"....

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

I bet I will still end up wondering what Axl would have done with those tracks.
Just can't get by that!!!

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Sure it will be awesome smile

Board footer