You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Vinyl LPs (In general)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

OH... MY... GOD...

My mouth is watering just thinking of pulling that thing out and hearing the opening intro the Brick Part I. 11

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Okay, i'm confused.

It's not the entire album? What is it the singles and B-sides?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If there's an album in existence meant to be heard onlyon LP & not tape, CD, mp3,etc. its Rumours. Listen to The Chain, turn it up to 11 & you'll get chills. Album is a must hear for anyone getting into LPs even if they dont like Fleetwood Mac.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Russ, do you like Heart? If so, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up the Dog & Butterfly LP.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! 11

THE WALL is one of my favorite albums : D I love the work they put into the vinyl and packaging of the singles.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Also, I've had a standard Sony turntable for a while now but I just pulled the trigger on a serious upgrade.

I ordered an Audio Technica ATLP240 and a Audio Technica AT120E/T stylus to go with it. Should be here some time this week!!

That looks a good turntable, ideal for home use, you should see a big improvement in quality. You'll probably be able to widen your range when it comes to cartriges and stylus now, theres a big choice out there, not sure how many options you have that are matchable with your sony set up.

I'm still reeling that I sold my 2 mint condition Technics 1210's a couple of years ago when I was broke, then found out they have been taken out of production and are going for a grand a turntable now.
I always thought I could replace them easily enough, even just one for playing lp's, if work picks up in the next couple of months I may be able to get a 1200 model new for £500, thats the classic silver model, there is a few left still going at reasonable prices.

I'm still toying with the idea of getting back into djing, was looking at alternatives and seen this by Stanton, looks pretty badass and has great reviews from turntablists. Stanton were always my number 1 choice of stylus and cartriges, never let me down no matter what punishment I put them through, I think its pretty cool that the company thats was as important to the dj scene as Technics was has stepped up to fill the void, so many tried and failed to knock Technics of their perch over the years.
Anyway, check it out:

Board footer