You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This thread is an abomination. A long time member is being crucified for enjoying a show. REALLY? Where's the shame?

A low point for Evo.  If it continues, will be restricting access to sections for certain people who desire to rain on parades.

Agreed. Damn shame. And I say that as someone who doesn't have an interest in watching Axl's tribute band perform. Axlin08 is a good dude who has been plenty critical of Axl over the years. He is far from being a biased nutswinger. But he does make a good point about simply enjoying Axl's voice while it's still in listenable condition. There will come a time when it won't be. Who knows when that will be. I suppose one of the positives about Axl wasting 15 years of his prime is that his voice wasn't really used much during that time, so it is still in decent shape even at an old age. Considering the type of singer he is, that is a very rare thing. Look at Plant. That guy's voice was shot by age 40.

I am going tonight just to hear Axl sing Estranged.....and some say Plant's voice was shot by 71-72.

Lomax wrote:

Yeah I think plants voice went really really quickly

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe you need to read the thread again when you aren't on your phone.  Nobody was crucified and a quite honest and fact based discussion took place.

If axlin was crucified, then you need to start banning people for shit that's been said to me over the years. I'd love to be treated as nicely as he was here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Reading it once is enough. This thread went beyond 'fact based discussions' or some being 'realists' or whatever term is used now.
Didn't mention banning. Bans a rarity here. A close community that needs little moderation but intervention was needed here.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't see it. If calling someone reaction to an event an emotional response calls for an intervention, then this place needs way more moderation than you think. Jesus. People can call people all kinds of nasty things, but claim someone had an emotional response to something and all hell breaks loose. What's wrong with this picture?

I've been thinking about it for a while anyway...maybe its time to take a step back from this. If things that are clear as day to me are as divisive as they seem to be, maybe I just outgrew all of this - or it outgrew me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what i've been saying. You're entitled to your opinion, but your entire lack of desire to let this thing go might require a break for you to re-analyze the situation.

And btw, shout out to Russ, remember when I told you on the phone This I Love was CD FUCKIN' QUALITY

Check this out mother fuckers...

ALL FUCKING TIME 9

johndivney wrote:

i thought this was one of evo's better threads recently tbh..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, if we're trying to be MyGNR II

AtariLegend wrote:

It's always like this, in 5 years I don't remember friendly chats, since Rasha and SkynardGirl posted and long, before certain posters got banned from the other forums.

btw  PEACE!!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, if we're trying to be MyGNR II

i seem to remember a certain persons posts in a certain thread about RIR .... sucks when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

I've been saying it for a while now that it would be nice if we can discuss anythign positive about the band instead of focusing on negative at each and every turn

i'm glad you had a good time axlin but at the same time you been on the other side of the fence a few times bitching out people that posted positive things..karmas a bitch

anyway gnr has a good thing going right now why dont we take it when we can get it huh? lets be nice to each other...lets try it once please see what happens...apparently faldor hasnt posted here for a couple days...thats friggin great...we have few enough regular posters and positive ones at that but we seem to be able to drive them off slowly but surely...i hope he comes back

Board footer