You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

smoke wrote:

That 30+ minutes is what you edit down too, though. If he hadn't backed off and turned into Chris Farley at times ("remember that...? that was AWESOME!"), he would have deeper stuff for the show.

And I don't think this is a case where it was pretty standard for TMS viewers. The show is completely built around bands like GNR, and it seems to me the whole point of the show is to cater to nerds of all those genres that combine to form hard rock and heavy metal (to a point- they obviously and purposely don't delve into the deeper subgenres of metal.)

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I love that they ended because they'd used the tape up on other people...I'b bring like 1000 tapes if i was potentially interviewing Axl.

I do like eddie though he's a cool guy.

Running out of tape is a lame reason, grab a laptop or your phone, and at least get an audio interview to continue with, or something. Who cares if the quality of the audio/video would be shit, if the man is talking keep him talking and get more out out of him. 17

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That was a SHIT SHIT SHIT interview for even TMS standards. They've done FAR better.

If there is an unedited 90 minute or 2 hr interview in the VH1 vaults, then they need to put it out.

That fuckin' LA Times at the Seattle show newspaper interview was fuckin' better than the TMS one.

I actually like Eddie, Don & Jim, and thought they SUCKED.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

^Agreed. Great to see Axl, terrible interview, and I actually felt bad for DJ too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah you've gotta hand it to DJ for trying to say positive and supportive. It's gotta be hard to sit there and stay visually interested when absolutely no one is looking at you, paying attention to you, or talking to you, when your friend/bandmate is right beside you and wants/needs you there.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Yeah that was pretty harsh of Axl bringing DJ along when you know he is going to pretty much sit there and get asked very little. Poor guy must have felt  like a third wheel.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

DJ was asked questions, they just cut them out. I think Axl also brought him as support, he wanted DJ there. And DJ knew the deal.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I wish they would just show the one full unedited footage they took, just throw it up as a link on the net or something.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Agreed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

DJ was asked questions, they just cut them out. I think Axl also brought him as support, he wanted DJ there. And DJ knew the deal.

He wasn't asked questions during the Axl interview, at least not that I'm aware of.  They interviewed him separately, but when Axl was being interviewed it was all about him, and rightfully so.

Board footer