You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2 Million Leave World of Warcraft

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I played a free demo of it once. Gave me like a certain amount of time without paying - like a week or something. I played it for about an hour one night - it seemed intricate, massive and totally awesome - but for me I saw it as something I'd get hooked on and it would eat up too much free time so i didn't persist.

Know what I mean? Seemed like a hobby in it's self. I already do guitar and juggle a few side projects with my work so i decided not to let myself have it fearing it would distract me from those things. But it looked like it would be cool if you're a gamer type person.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I tried it and found it really dull, probably because I was playing by myself haha.  The graphics are also kinda shitty.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of the geeks have finally discovered their right hand.... thus the decline.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think you need to be dedicated to play it...i've heard good things about it (if you are into the whole fantasy genre thing) but if you dont play on a regular basis then you fall behind pretty quickly...also you need to pretty much find a group of people and become part of them for protection cuz there are some groups that all they do is go around and fuck other people over (kill their characters and take their shit)

IMO Mthe problem w/ mmorpg's is that there is no single player game..i'm jsut not a good enough game player to go up against everyone else in the world...online gaming takes it to a whole new level and I dont have the ability to spend as much time online as i would need to to play this game...if i did i woul though, but i grew up with dungeons and dragons and fianl fantasy and magic the gathering and reading all that Tolkien hobbit/lotr stuff...some people arent into that shit and some people are

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

150 million $ a month in subscriptions. Jesus, no wonder these things are popping up like wildfire.

Problem with stuff like WOW is that it takes 3 months to level up and then it's bascially waiting for the next expansion. Killing the same monster for the same type of gear gets old pretty fast.

I recommend EVE. They go the other way around. Here it takes a few weeks/months to even play much at all and they have singular skills instead of levels. And they are time based, meaning you don't have to play a lot to evolve your character. It's slow though. It'll probably take a year just to fly any top top tier ship, but then again the pay off is that much greater.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Agree with Neemo...I love fantasy stuff...but the problem with gaming overall to me is the time comitment...same to me with ps3 and stuff...I need games I can play casually...like boot once in a while and it's playable...and ww seems like the kind of thing you have to imerse yourself in to get good at it to really get value.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

150 million $ a month in subscriptions. Jesus, no wonder these things are popping up like wildfire.

Problem with stuff like WOW is that it takes 3 months to level up and then it's bascially waiting for the next expansion. Killing the same monster for the same type of gear gets old pretty fast.

I recommend EVE. They go the other way around. Here it takes a few weeks/months to even play much at all and they have singular skills instead of levels. And they are time based, meaning you don't have to play a lot to evolve your character. It's slow though. It'll probably take a year just to fly any top top tier ship, but then again the pay off is that much greater.

There's alot more to it than 3 months of lvl-ing up, why else is there still 10 mill + subscribers years after it's release?

As for Rex's comment, graphics are irrelevant in MMORPGs. It's about depth and interaction. If they done a massive overhaul of the engine, not everyone wants to spend the same price for a new graphics card as a Wii.

Board footer