You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: 2 Million Leave World of Warcraft

Rex wrote:

I wouldn't mind the graphics if the game was any good.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

There's alot more to it than 3 months of lvl-ing up, why else is there still 10 mill + subscribers years after it's release?

For the same reason American Idol and Dancing With The Stars are #1 shows I suppose.

Not saying it's a bad game, but like any game you get tired of doing the same thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

There's alot more to it than 3 months of lvl-ing up, why else is there still 10 mill + subscribers years after it's release?

For the same reason American Idol and Dancing With The Stars are #1 shows I suppose.

Not saying it's a bad game, but like any game you get tired of doing the same thing.

Not necessarily. It's about finding new gear, using different tactics, playing with friends, different characters. Plus they release expansion packs every year. That means new locations, new monsters, new gear.

I personally don't play WoW but i can't wait 'til Blizzard releases Diablo 3. I haven't played a lot of games recently but this will probably be one that i will lose a lot of hours with, just like Diablo 2 before it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

WoW is Fu@kin E-Crack !
i played  for over 2 years . we had 3 paid main accounts in the house and 3 paid alt accounts. and 3 paid copys of the game with expansions. 3 montlly fees, and faster internet to handle it. 1 ran a hardcore 200 person PVE guild complete with my own website to give kudos and screen shots for weekly loot winners and raid progression. i also paid for a 300 man Ventrillo service monthly.  We had set raid times just like a job with a schedule or required play times to maintain every ones active guild status.  I was logged in doing my "job" as raid leader and main guild "tank" for 14+ hrs a day.

Home life and time with kids suffered. I started posting news updates here and playing Evony to fill in some of the space created when i left WoW.  I quit cold turkey... I sold all my gear, and guild bank possesions. I gave the vice hosts and officers all the gold from the sales deleted the alliance and turned off the website and Vent and walked away.  GLAD ITS OVER!!!!!! ive ben off of it scince near the time CD came out. I actually had the CD countdown clock on my website main page.

I love some diablo! i started it on PS1 and also had a copy for computer with the diablo final boss Areosmith tix add on  also played d2 on pc single player all 3 modes and online with others all three modes and had the loot addons. I look forward to the open ebay-like gear and supplies auction system. I sometimes have lots of freetime and would love to turn game time into income.

My main reason for leaving WoW was time required to raid weekly. we even had officers meetings 2x a week to talk about peoples role and give reviews of performance. Raid loot was doolled out on the roll of a dice. and modified by time in the guild and activity to help others. as more xpansions came it was the same ol. all that old gear was useless. had to grind out the new raids.

AtariLegend wrote:

I had the same thing with Evony Online, played it for 2 1/2 years straight up to 10 hours a day, nevermind weekend.

Probably spent 2K on that game and I was one of the poor ones!! Nights were spent in ventrillo orgainising raid and dip. with the alliance.

Eventually bought a new laptop for bot farming on alts, along with PC running all day and night. Crazy in retrospect, but due to other reasons I didn't really have much to do then.

I play Warcraft now, but I certainly don't have the addiction or time to dedicate to it like I did Evony.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Dont play it but some games are crack cocaine. I was hooked on Civ4 a couple years ago & couldnt stop playing. On the drive home I would be salivating at the thought of cutting off sea lanes & preparing to vassalize Gandhi & Kim Jong Il.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I never really got into MMOs but I agree with pretty much everything that has been said, some games are crack. Also agreed James Civ is brutal. It's bad when you realise you had planned to go to bed and suddenly the sun is rising- that's what Civ can do to me.

AtariLegend wrote:

Oh btw if anyone was wondering why they lost 2 mill subscribers, it was lack of new content in last expansion. They basically went from November 2011-October 2012 with nothing to do.

Board footer