You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter
VAN HALEN Reportedly Signs With INTERSCOPE - Nov. 10, 2011
vanhalenband.jpg
According to the usually reliable unofficial VAN HALEN web site Van Halen News Desk, VAN HALEN has signed a deal with Interscope (not Columbia, as has been rumored). The band's already completed new studio album — its first in 27 years to feature original singer David Lee Roth — is now expected to arrive early next year.

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti recently said in an interview that he had gotten an opportunity to hear new VAN HALEN music through his friendship with Wolfgang Van Halen, saying it sounded like "vintage VAN HALEN."

Producer Ross Hogarth spoke with Ultimate-Guitar.com about the work he did on the project, saying, "The whole VAN HALEN record has been recorded and we're all excited. I'm really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex with Wolf [Eddie's son] playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it's the killing side of VAN HALEN at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire."

VAN HALEN reunited with Roth in 2007 for a successful year-long reunion tour — minus original bassist Michael Anthony, who now plays with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar in CHICKENFOOT.

Rumor has it that VAN HALEN will appear at the November 30 Grammy Nominations Concert at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater to announce that they will perform at the actual Grammy Awards in February. The buzz around town is that they will also use this opportunity to announce details of their pending album and tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Van Halen IV = the new Chinese Democracy

They'll start getting a release date and pre-orders, and Eddie will freak.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Looks like there is finally some movement on the VH front.

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
Finally official VH news. The Future out 2/7, tour dates just released. Finally! Now let's all hope the music is worth the wait and kick ass

http://www.van-halen.com/index.html

Ahm8NYICMAEO2er.jpg

Although, I don't think any official dates have been announced yet, just that they will be touring in 2012 and tickets will go on sale Jan. 10th.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe we'll get that GN'R/VH stadium tour after all 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So the album is titled "The Future"?

Looking forward to this, I hope Eddie shreds like a motherfucker, to make up for so many wasted years!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hate that title.

I think "2012" would make more sense.

It's gonna be the biggest rock record of the year, the 2012 correlations to the end of the world, plus the fact Van Halen's last ROTH record was called "1984".

I like 2012 alot more.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I always thought Van Halen was just as dysfunctional as GNR, but I think we'd all kill things to be rolled out like this.

http://www.noise11.com/news/van-halen-7 … dium=email

Van Halen 7.2.12 Is Album Release Date

by Paul Cashmere on December 29, 2011

Van Halen will release the new album on February 7, 2012.

The band made the announcement via a cryptic graphic featuring a train with the date 2.7.12 in a mail-out to their fan-base.

The Van Halen News Desk has now revealed the date 2.7.12 relates to the release of the yet-to-be named album.

The Van Halen timeline for 2012 is:

January 3, 2012 – first round of concert dates announced

January 10, 2012 – first single to premiere, video to premiere, tickets go on sale

February 7, 2012 – Album released

The new Van Halen album will be their first album since ‘VH3’ (1998), first album with David Lee Roth since ‘1984” (1984) and first album ever with new bass player Wolfgang Van Halen, the son of Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer