You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

And i'd also still like to say that I find Valerie Bertinelli to be the hottest MILF alive today.

Oh man... damn is she hot.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/van-halen-a … dium=email

Van Halen Album Cover Unveiled In Times Square

by Paul Cashmere on January 2, 2012

Van Halen took advantage of the estimated 1,000,000 people descending on Times Square in New York and the 100 million watching on TV on New Year’s Eve to unveil what is believed to be the album cover for the new album.

The still untitled album cover was previously seen in a graphic sent to fans last week. The incomplete artwork was on display above McDonalds in Time Square for a few hours before the ball dropped over Times Square ringing in 2012.

Last week the artwork sent to the band’s mailing list featured the date 2.7.12. That has since been revealed as the release date for the new album, Van Halen’s first since 1998 and first with David Lee Roth since 1984.

The Van Halen timeline for 2012:

January 3 – First round of concert dates and cities announced
January 10 – Premiere of single and first music video and tickets go on sale
February 7 – Album release

Van Halen took over The Roxy on Sunset Blvd in West Hollywood in November and December for rehearsals.

Staff reported arriving for work at 10am and hearing David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen rehearsing ‘Running With The Devil’, ‘Jump’ and ‘Panama’.

On the Roxy blog, staff member Scotty wrote, “What was my favorite part about it? Everything. I know it sounds stupid, but I can’t put it any other way. To walk through the club and have Eddie Van Halen smile at me or pat me on the back, the guys were so nice, it was unbelievable. In my 9 years at the club, this is by far one of the best things that’s happened.”

Lizzy from The Roxy posted, “My favorite Van Halen moment was when I came out of the kitchen and they were doing Panama. I was one of the only people standing in the room by the stage. David Lee Roth looked at me, smiled, and waved. I thought to myself “that is the only time in life I will know David Lee Roth was actually singing to me.”

And according to The Roxy’s Kathy, “I just loved the first time they played “Running With The Devil” it sounded exactly like it did when I was working box office at The Whisky.”

Also saw this on twitter.

peterou812 Peter Johns
@EddieTrunk .VH PRESS CONF.N.Y JAN.3..ALTERBRIDGE SUPPORT SOME US SHOWS.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … y-20120102

Van Halen to Perform at New York's Cafe Wha? This Thursday
Band expected to debut new single sometime this month

By Andy Greene
January 2, 2012 7:55 PM ET

Journalists across New York have been invited to a Van Halen concert at the Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village this Thursday.  Though nothing is official, word is the band are going to perform a 45-minute set. The group hasn't played in public since the end of their 2007/'08 reunion tour with original frontman David Lee Roth, though they have been rehearsing for their upcoming world tour at the Roxy in Los Angeles for the past few months. A new album is in the works, and a new image released by the band has the date 2.7.12 on it. A new video and single is expected to hit sometime this month. The tour goes on sale January 10th.

The 250-seat Cafe Wha? may seem like an unlikely place for Van Halen to launch their new tour, but the club has an important family connection to David Lee Roth. His uncle Manny Roth owned and operated the venue, providing a stage to then-up-and-coming acts such as Jimi Hendrix, Bill Cosby, Bob Dylan, Richard Pryor and many others.

While the Van Halen camp has been extremely quiet about the band's plans for 2012, they recently put up a giant billboard in Times Square and teaser footage showing the band rehearsing at the Roxy. They have also given the fansite VHLinks two exclusive videos of the band reminiscing about Eddie Van Halen's old Volvo and judging wet T-shirt contests back in the Seventies. The site also says that a "trusted source" tells them the band has been "busy booking rehearsal space and hotel rooms for the band and their crew for [this] week in NYC."

faldor

faldor wrote:

Eddie Trunk tweeted today that he was invited to the private show on Thursday, and he'll give details when he can if someone else doesn't first.

A little more info from www.vhlinks.com

Tattoo is officially the single, and the tour starts next month in Louisville.

Dates and cities to come!

www.vhnd.com

Yeah!!

Brett edit...Since the VHND is down, I'll put it here what's on the VHND and other things I got.

#1. Tour to start in February in Louisville, KY. (I have been told the 18th).
#2. Single is called "Tattoo" and will be out by next Tuesday.
#3. Official show dates are still pending, and could be released anytime between now and the 10th.
#4. RUMOR RUMOR. Same person who gave me accurate info about first show says the opening act is Kool 'N The Gang...no lie.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Are they the guys who did "Jungle Boogie?"

That's pretty.... bad ass.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:

An odd choice, but I'd take it over their last opener, Ki-Mani Marley. I heard Alter Bridge was supposed to open a few dates too. We'll see what rumors stick.

faldor

faldor wrote:

A few updates from the VH show in NYC tonight.  Eddie Trunk said they played ONE new song, but the only song on the setlist that I didn't recognize was "She's The Woman" and apparently that's a demo from back in the day.  I don't know if I'd classify that as "new", but I guess that's what he was talking about.

[youtube]PqAzfp8Zypw&feature=fvst[/url]
[/youtube]
EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
Just got, crazy. Sounded great, tiny packed place. Here's the set list. They did not do last 2 songs pic.twitter.com/dPKQXlTo

Aicba0SCMAEQtqr.jpg:large

More pictures here

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/01/photo … -live.html

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer