You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

My brother and I went to that '04 tour and other than them playing Humans Being which I loved, it was just a shit show the whole night.

Sammy seems to have been gunning for this Sammy/Dave tour for a bit. I was reading something on vhnd with Gary Cherone the other day and even he was mentioning it.

If they do anything like that, it would be a monster show.

Hell yea! Me and my friend definitely would buy a ticket without hesitation. I'm a fan of both the Sammy & DLR eras. While my friend digs the hits; but loves Sammy's vocal style a little more I think. 9 That April 2012 show with Kool & the Gang was epic and I'll keep saying it. lol The only problem is some of the merch was a tad overpriced and the seats could of been a little more comfortable in the venue; but amazing show all the way through. My friend's dad told stories of how he first saw KISS back in '73 before their debut came out.  (his ears got shot after the show) Loud show will do that to ya. 16 We met this couple at this Olive Garden near the venue that told stories about seeing Van Halen in the early 80s.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

So let me just throw this out there for thought... something as potentially big as this sure would be a good chance to make even bigger with the right co-headliner. I know we've got nothing to go on, but how cool would that be?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

So let me just throw this out there for thought... something as potentially big as this sure would be a good chance to make even bigger with the right co-headliner. I know we've got nothing to go on, but how cool would that be?

Perhaps another band that could have alternate musicians play during the same show?  I'd love it, but think it would be an absolute train wreck.  And I don't see how this VH situation would play out peacefully either.  Too much bad blood and jealousy there.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

...and that's my fear. This whole thing is tenuous enough without throwing an extra couple of ppl for Eddie to get pissed at or any warring lead singers. I'd prefer the "safety" of moving forward with what they started ~2 years ago.
HOWEVER, if they announce it I'm there. And if they explode I hope its either AT or AFTER my show :d

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/198430#. … Sg.twitter

VAN HALEN - The Studio Albums 1978-1984 Box Set Due In March
Rarities
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 at 11:51:38 EST

VAN HALEN are one of the world’s most legendary rock bands, having sold over 75 million albums worldwide since their revolutionary debut in 1978. Driven by the guitarist widely regarded as second only to Hendrix, Van Halen have produced some of rock’s most unforgettable rock songs. Van Halen Store, in association with Warner Bros./Rhino, has announced that Van Halen: The Studio Albums 1978-1984 is due for release March 26th.

This Limited Edition six-CD boxset documents the band’s indelible history from their self-titled 1978 debut until the 1984 album, which was to be singer David Lee Roth’s last record with the band until 2012. Included in this box are many of the band’s best-known songs - ‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love’, ‘ Runnin’ With The Devil’, ‘Jump’, ‘Dance The Night Away’, ‘Unchained’, ‘Everybody Wants Some’, ‘Hot For Teacher’ and ‘Panama’.

The Studio Albums 1978-1984 is a no-frills package of VH’s incredible era with original vocalist David Lee Roth at the helm, remastered and neatly packaged in clamshell box. Featuring the now-immortal six-string styles of Eddie Van Halen, the devastating rhythm section of bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen and the clean production of Ted Templeman, this box is a crash course in BIG ROCK.

If you’re looking for a gift for a new (or maybe even an old) Van Halen fan, this six disc box is the perfect way to own a slice of Halen history!

Pre-order yours now at VanHalenStore.com or Amazon. This limited edition item won’t last.

Me_Wise_Magic

faldor wrote:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/198430#. … Sg.twitter

VAN HALEN - The Studio Albums 1978-1984 Box Set Due In March
Rarities
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 at 11:51:38 EST

VAN HALEN are one of the world’s most legendary rock bands, having sold over 75 million albums worldwide since their revolutionary debut in 1978. Driven by the guitarist widely regarded as second only to Hendrix, Van Halen have produced some of rock’s most unforgettable rock songs. Van Halen Store, in association with Warner Bros./Rhino, has announced that Van Halen: The Studio Albums 1978-1984 is due for release March 26th.

This Limited Edition six-CD boxset documents the band’s indelible history from their self-titled 1978 debut until the 1984 album, which was to be singer David Lee Roth’s last record with the band until 2012. Included in this box are many of the band’s best-known songs - ‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love’, ‘ Runnin’ With The Devil’, ‘Jump’, ‘Dance The Night Away’, ‘Unchained’, ‘Everybody Wants Some’, ‘Hot For Teacher’ and ‘Panama’.

The Studio Albums 1978-1984 is a no-frills package of VH’s incredible era with original vocalist David Lee Roth at the helm, remastered and neatly packaged in clamshell box. Featuring the now-immortal six-string styles of Eddie Van Halen, the devastating rhythm section of bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen and the clean production of Ted Templeman, this box is a crash course in BIG ROCK.

If you’re looking for a gift for a new (or maybe even an old) Van Halen fan, this six disc box is the perfect way to own a slice of Halen history!

Pre-order yours now at VanHalenStore.com or Amazon. This limited edition item won’t last.

Great idea. Kind of strange that they didn't do this before the album's release. The problem is most of their albums I can get cheap on CD for $4. Also I own all the hits and a few songs from other eras. Wish they would include some posters or little bonus content. All in all, I find this a great way to get a Van Halen beginner into a true passionate fan of the band.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

I agree with it for the reasons you're stating Me_Wise, but then the skeptic in me doesn't like it because it's just another way for the labels to re-sell the same records.

I agree that it's another way for the company to make money even though Interscope is VH's new label. So I guess both WB and Interscope receive profit as well as some of Van Halen's management & royalties.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Great idea. Kind of strange that they didn't do this before the album's release. The problem is most of their albums I can get cheap on CD for $4. Also I own all the hits and a few songs from other eras. Wish they would include some posters or little bonus content. All in all, I find this a great way to get a Van Halen beginner into a true passionate fan of the band.

I disagree that's it's a great idea because of what you said, no bonus content, and you can get all these cds for $4-$5.  You wouldn't say to a beginner "Pick up this big box set", you'd say "spend 8 bucks on Van Halen I and 1984 so you have the big hits that you already know about, if you like the deep cuts enough pick up some others"

Complete money grab by the label who knows there are plenty of VH diehards out there who need to be completist and own this just because.

Board footer