You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RaZor wrote:

(hennemusic) Van Halen were one of the featured headliners at the inaugural Stone Music Festival in Sydney, Australia in April, and video of the band's full set has surfaced.

The weekend event - inspired by the '70s cult biker film Stone – saw co-headliners Billy Joel, Van Halen and Aerosmith joined by Kings Of Chaos, Richie Ramone, Buckcherry, Lifehouse and Illumination Road, among others.

Van Halen's 20-song, 90-minute setlist was identical to the template of their 2012 shows, opening with "Unchained" and closing with their only #1 single, "Jump."

In what is possibly a career first, the band wore matching outfits: white shirts with black pants and black vests. "What an amazing gig, Sydney!!" tweeted bassist Wolfgang Van Halen after the show. "Thank you so much for fighting through the rain to see us. Can't wait till next time!" Watch the video here: http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/06/video … ydney.html

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/06/07/wolfgang … n-twitter/

Interesting questions and Wolf's answers on VH's music as well some insight on ADKoT. smile

Awesome article you posted, RaZor.

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/06/19/gregg-bi … got-close/

Dave's original solo band drummer talks about his experience and how he joined back in '86. Really cool and funny video/article.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Great article thanks! Bisonette along with everyone in that band were all such powerhouses. DLR came off being fired with such a giant FU.:mosh:

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

Great article thanks! Bisonette along with everyone in that band were all such powerhouses. DLR came off being fired with such a giant FU.:mosh:

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/06/21/van-hale … s-setlist/

Live at the Tokyo Dome. Pics and some concert footage! smile

Impressive set list. Wish I got Atomic and I'm the One in my set; but I was satisfied none the less at my show.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

My 9 yr old son wants me to take him to a rock show. NIN is definitely not going to be his first show. I'd love it to be VH or Guns. I wish one of them would come back around this way, but both are unlikely to.

Anytime soon, that is.  Crazy show in Tokyo - it's Dave's home away from home I guess, he probably turned it up.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Hell yeah. Steve Vai is bad ass. He came out with an awesome solo album last year that turned me on to him big time.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
smoke wrote:

My 9 yr old son wants me to take him to a rock show. NIN is definitely not going to be his first show. I'd love it to be VH or Guns. I wish one of them would come back around this way, but both are unlikely to.

Anytime soon, that is.  Crazy show in Tokyo - it's Dave's home away from home I guess, he probably turned it up.

Bon Jovi should be up your way some time next month, they're pretty PG.

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

Same here man. I would love to see Guns live. It would be my first time seeing either version of the band live instead of front of a TV or computer screen. If VH did some more live shows around here, that'd be pretty sweet too. As for good bands to bring your son to it's hard to find alot of acts out there especially hard rock and metal that around the area. First rock n' roll show whether it be any rock genre is a special event indeed; so I do hope you are able to find the right choice pretty soon. It's tough to find the good legends and strong acts out since most of the summer time everyone is out doing festivals or Europe touring.

Board footer