You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Three for Three in 2008?

Gunslinger wrote:

After a few years of letdown something really cool happened in early 2006... LEAKS from Chinese Democracy.  All of a sudden a fresh life was booming at the forums and hope and expectations were at an all-time high.  Things slowed down again and then we got leaks in 2007, this time it was music we had already heard but they were studio versions and the fanbase once again became energized.

It's 2008 and the buzz has once again died down and many fans are distraught.  Think we will get a three-peat and some more leaks will be just around the corner?

What's everyones opinions on this?  If you are taking the optimistic approach and do believe leaks are coming soon what would you like to see?   Songs we have heard only live but now their studio counterparts leaked, songs we have heard the titles to or songs that we knew nothing of prior to now?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Songs we have heard only live but now their studio counterparts leaked,

I thought they only played 4 songs live, all of which leaked. Anyway, I'm torn on this, if we get 2 or 3 new songs, that's almost the whole album of leaks. Makes CD kinda useless at that point. Anyway, i wouldn't care to get another version of Better, or IRS or whatever... Wouldn't even bother downloading it. So count me as one who'd want a new song. Something we've heard of, like This I love or Sorry. Really though, I just want the album, something tangible. Leaks can be kinda crappy with some burned CD, it's just not the same for me. I'm old school, i like having & buying an album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, if we get leaks that are anything other than Riyadh and Silkworms, we already have an album and the wait is over.

I'm with Pasnow...I have no interest in a new version of an already leaked song.

I do agree that if there is a tour, we will probably get a leak of some sort to build interest. I would love to hear a studio version of Riyadh, but that isn't gonna build interest. It will have to be one of the "big guns" like Prostitute or This I Love.

Whatever it is, I pray to God BH is on it. As many songs as we can get out of the BH sessions, the better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Songs we have heard only live but now their studio counterparts leaked,

I thought they only played 4 songs live, all of which leaked. Anyway, I'm torn on this, if we get 2 or 3 new songs, that's almost the whole album of leaks. Makes CD kinda useless at that point. Anyway, i wouldn't care to get another version of Better, or IRS or whatever... Wouldn't even bother downloading it. So count me as one who'd want a new song. Something we've heard of, like This I love or Sorry. Really though, I just want the album, something tangible. Leaks can be kinda crappy with some burned CD, it's just not the same for me. I'm old school, i like having & buying an album.

I'm including Riyadh, Silkworms, the "new" KOHD and the covers they performed like "We Are Sailing", "Back in the U.S.S.R", "Sway", etc.  Sorry for the confusement, the way I posted it did sound like only new original music by the current lineup (no Bucket-era stuff).  My bad PaSnow.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I'm including Riyadh, Silkworms, the "new" KOHD and the covers they performed like "We Are Sailing", "Back in the U.S.S.R", "Sway", etc.

I think Silkworms died a horrible death. Wasn't that the really fast screaming song?? Absolutely no desire for KOHD III, didn't like KOHD on UYI anyway. Wouldn't want USSR, don't know much about Sailing or Sway. Rusttcb I would like Better Acoustic if it was all acoustic (a la Lies & the early NR demo) not the same song but with Robin playing an acoustic guitar, then all the other parts still in there. But yeah, I'd be cool with that. I didn't hear that rumor.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I'm including Riyadh, Silkworms, the "new" KOHD and the covers they performed like "We Are Sailing", "Back in the U.S.S.R", "Sway", etc.

I think Silkworms died a horrible death. Wasn't that the really fast screaming song?? Absolutely no desire for KOHD III, didn't like KOHD on UYI anyway. Wouldn't want USSR, don't know much about Sailing or Sway. Rusttcb I would like Better Acoustic if it was all acoustic (a la Lies & the early NR demo) not the same song but with Robin playing an acoustic guitar, then all the other parts still in there. But yeah, I'd be cool with that. I didn't hear that rumor.

Yeah, Silkworms wouldn't be one for my taste either but a fake intro that was supposedly studio went around the forums over the summer and alot of people went wild.  I wasn't one of those people. 16
We Are Sailing was performed by Axl excellently and I would like a studio of that one.  Sway was really good too.  My biggest wish-list for leaks would be things we haven't heard yet.

I think that Better (acoustic) might have been from the Rosario Dawson birthday gig.  Supposedly someone recorded the show but I've never seen any real evidence of it.

GnR playing "Sailing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09q4tPexj8

great cover!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you want to hear what Silkworms is a blatant ripoff of, go buy that Prodigy album from 1996( I forgot the name).

Silkworms was just a case of following a dead trend. It will never be on an album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer