You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Three for Three in 2008?

Neemo wrote:

i think it was called "fat of the land"

yeah know songs like Smack My Bitch up and Fire Starter and Breathe

My wife's got that album....if ya catch my drift

a couple of those prodigy songs are pretty cool.    Its definitely an interesting comparison.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

a couple of those prodigy songs are pretty cool.    Its definitely an interesting comparison.

Ever see the video for one of them (i think it was SMack my bitch up). It's insane, a first person point of view (ie. you the persons eyes looking out) who does a line of coke, a shot of whiskey heads out to a bar, gets kicked out for grabbing a chick, takes a cab, goes to a strip club, brings a girl home & nails her... I used to have it on my old PC, I can try & get it off it if it isn't on youtube. I'll check.

EDIT: I can't seem to find it on youtube. I might have to ask my brother how to pull it off my old crappy virus ridden pc in my basement & upload it for you all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That was a very controversial video at the time. Thats probably why you cant find it anywhere. Youtube probably deletes it when it gets uploaded.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm willing for any leak that is notably different from what we've heard. Not another Better though. But another Chinese Democracy or The Blues would be great, and a studio Riyadh is what I want most. I'm never sure on how to expect leaks. Sometimes it seems like when everyone is paying attention that a leaker will let things out to get a lot of people's attention. Other times I think a leaker would take the oppurtunity to be the only thing happening for weeks, and leak a song at a time like now.

I am sure there is a lot of material out and about that could make its way to our ears this year. But I'm not going to wait eagerly, I don't think its happening too soon.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

They are, the intro to Breathe is sick.

On topic, well we know both Silkworms and Rhiadh exist as demos among hoarders as does another version of Better a newer version of Madagascar and I guess some more versions of IRS. These are the 'safe' tracks, I'd guess if we get anything in 08 leak wise then it's from that list, very unlikely to be any major consequences should any of these get out. The media or GNR camp are unlikely to care should another version of IRS leak and I don't think Silkworms or Rhiadh are big enough tracks to cause any interest from anyone besides the online fanbase.

Whilst I'm sure they're out there I don't see anyone giving up Prostitute or TIL anytime soon, leaks are much more valuable during the quiet spells anyway especially unheard tracks. Like others have said, a couple more tracks and we have CD, something I'm sure the record company is aware of. It would take someone pretty brave or stupid to leak a big unheard track now. Only time we hear those is when CD actually comes out, any demos of tracks on CD become nearly useless once the studio versions are available, so they'll mostly surface then. I dare say a lot of hoarders will be very anxious to see the tracklist of CD whenever it's made public, the value of some of the tracks they have will drop instantly whilst the songs that haven't made the tracklist will instantly rise in trading value.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If you want to hear what Silkworms is a blatant ripoff of, go buy that Prodigy album from 1996( I forgot the name).

Silkworms was just a case of following a dead trend. It will never be on an album.

Please thats like comparing, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" with "Thriller"....

If there's 4 albums worth of material, which presumably 13-32 tracks of will be used I don't think another few leaks will make a difference, unless it was of either "This I Love" or "Prosititute".

Anyone remember Marco Beltrami saying "Seven" was the best track he worked with?

Even if there was only 13 tracks, then probably neither "Ryiad", "Silkworms", "Catcher In The Rye", "I.R.S" (According to Mercks, better tracks comment) or maybe even "Madagascar" would make it, as good as they are, from the views expressed of those who worked on it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If you want to hear what Silkworms is a blatant ripoff of, go buy that Prodigy album from 1996( I forgot the name).

Silkworms was just a case of following a dead trend. It will never be on an album.

Please thats like comparing, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" with "Thriller"....

You're grasping at straws now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

GnR playing "Sailing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09q4tPexj8

great cover!

That is awesome...i'd love a studio....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

That was a very controversial video at the time. Thats probably why you cant find it anywhere. Youtube probably deletes it when it gets uploaded.

I remember that video...and doesn't it turn out that the POV is also a chick at the end ?

Board footer