You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Worcester, MA-11-25-11

FlashFlood wrote:

i was there. i would say about 90% full - more people than 2006 in the same venue. I think they went on stage at about 10:00 or something - i was shocked. awesome show. they did play whole lotta rosie.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

nice! glad to hear it was full and that they did in fact play Rosie. that's 23 songs (if the rest are correct), and probably closer to a 3-hour show.

did Bumble do his Pink Panther solo?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah he did, and it was awesome.

They went on at 10:20, and played til about 1:15.  The band was TIGHT, having fun, fucking around with each other, etc.

Axl was on. Scraped was slightly retooled, and was better for it. I've come around on DJ after seeing the way he plays live.

Everything sounded great, Axl was in good spirits. At one point (towards the end of YCBM, I think) someone in the front row was yelling at him to play something, I don't know what. Axl says "What's this dude want? Yeah, we already played that. We already played that. Did you miss it? Well, Richard just reminded me- that's why you need to be on time for these things."  Got a pretty good laugh out of the crowd.

The show blew 2006 away. I was with two friends who are just casual fans, one of whom was with me in 2006. He agreed- the show and the band were far and away better.

I took a beer break at Dizzy's solo, and a piss break as soon as KOHD was heading into Hey Jude territory. But other than that, there's really nothing I'd want to miss, and that's including LALD, which I could normally take or leave.

There were at least two proshooters wandering the stage, so there's that to hopefully look forward to.

Bought a sweet tee and a bandana. The bandana was more on impulse, but I think I'm gonna wear it for the rest of the weekend just to grind my wife.

Bottom line, I've watched footage from most of the shows they've done in the past few years.  The people that say it's a whole different ball game when you're there live are dead on. Go. If you have any doubts, go anyways. These dudes are a band, and they're on fire. I've been on the hope-coaster as long as most of you, but if anything new is gonna happen, it's gonna be with this crew.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

Meant to add- I was in the front row of the balcony, and was surrounded by people singing along with CD tracks- even Shacklers and Scraped.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's great that they played Scraped and rotated the set a bit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We've come a long way from RIO, haven't we?

smoke

smoke wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whole Lotta Rosie and Ron's Panther solo were played, Better was not. Correct?

That is correct. I apologize for not being able to send a setlist as it happened, but my stupid phone wasn't charging right in the car.

misterID wrote:

We've come a long way from RIO, haven't we?

My friend walked out of there and said, "So I guess the lesson is, always give Axl a month to warm up before you see him if possible." Funny, because we talk like that here all the time, and he doesn't follow GNR as closely as we do.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

[youtube]jImsLWaPBYY&sns=fb[/youtube]

Board footer