You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: Guns N 'Roses will play in Poland!

Saboteur wrote:

http://muzyka.onet.pl/newsy/rock/guns-n … omosc.html

This information was confirmed by the Mayor of Rybnik and concert will take place in June next year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's good news! I hope they'll come to Hungary, too. In the beginning of the tour, it seemed like this could be the last chance to see Axl. Now as things improved, it seems to be an opportunity for a great show! 5

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

would be nice if they didn`t skip germany this time...  i still can`t believe, the new band played only one concert in the country with the largest population in europe, and that concert was a festival.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

There is one thing that intrigues me in this information. Why they want to play in Rybnik? Rybnik is a rather unknown town, even for Poles.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

congrats! hope it pans out for you big_smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

There is one thing that intrigues me in this information. Why they want to play in Rybnik? Rybnik is a rather unknown town, even for Poles.

Money.

Guns come around with close to a $1 Million price-tag. Axl may not be motivated by money, but believe me, the organization with its hefty overhead is.

A big fish in a small pond likely coughed up the necessary dough. wink

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

okay, now. And the work on the new record occurs when?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great news. Looks like Europe might get another jaunt.

But like KV said... if they're gonna stay on the road constantly for years... it's time for a new album. Something extra to push. More of an incentive to see the band again and again.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
killingvector wrote:

okay, now. And the work on the new record occurs when?

If a new bulk of dates is under way for Europe, it has to be in support of CDII! They can't possibly start another tour in support of ChiDem! Even I think that would be wierd. Don't get me wrong, I'd be there with bells on. But, enough already!
roll

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Thanks to madagas for these Tommy comments, they should provide some fuel for the fire:

"Looking ahead, Stinson says the hope is to write new songs next year and move forward with GNR. " - Tommy, 12/01/11

"There's talk of doing some recording in the new year, getting some songs together. But that's just talk." - Tommy, 11/30/11

Tommy also hints to what appears to me as a re-release of CD, and if I'm reading it right, it could be a double album (as Axl has admitted to have intended) with the "new" old songs thrown in.

"There are songs left over from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that are almost ready to go, he says, and could be polished up for potential release.

[...] He says Axl may not be completely finished with the record. "I think in his head there's still some stuff left to be done," Stinson says. "If what he wants to do happens, it could drag it out for awhile. But we'll see what happens."

[...] 'Who knows, maybe there will be Chinese Democracy 2,' Stinson says. 'Who knows?'"  - Tommy, 12/01/11

Board footer