You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

slcpunk wrote:

Romney will come out the winner in the end. Gingrich simply has too much baggage. Too bad Huntsman can't get any respect, he's head and shoulders above any of these clowns.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but the GOP NEEDS a Gingrich in there on the campaign trail.

Romney might be the most universally likeable of the "known" guys on popularity and policy, but he'd be Bob Dole II. A waste of time for the Republicans. Obama would fucking destroy him the debates.

They need a scrapper going into those debates to kill Obama's regained momentum, and Cain was that man. Now that he's gone, the only one left is Gingrich.

Romney has "Vice President" written all over him in 2008 and now.

My guess is, despite the swipes they've been taking at each other on the campaign trail, is Gingrich gets the nod and hitches Ron Paul to his wagon to try to pull moderates and independents in to steal Obama's thunder from 2008.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Iowa polling numbers.
Gingrich 22
Ron Paul 21
Romney 16

Just donated $20 to his campaign. If there's any even moderate supporters out there, I would encourage you guys to donate today. In 07, on this same day (Dec 16th) small donators surprised everyone by donating 6 million dollars in ONE day. This election cycle he is posed to surprise pundits again by winning the Iowa caucus and is in a strong position in NH.

Even if you don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, he represents a truthful consistent politician and is as far from the status quo as you can get.
Even if you just donate 5 bucks, think about it as buying a meal or beer for your good friend jackgck tongue
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

[youtube]evYwPJUY_cc&feature=related[/youtube]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I would actually go so far to say that Ron Paul is the only outside chance of Republicans possibly winning in 2012.

Yes I know, crazy statement.

But he's a wild card. He has an ability NONE, and I mean NONE of the rest of them have.

He can bring in the moderate/independent/outsider party votes.

That is very VERY important. If you've got Republicans voting for him because he's the only option, moderate & conservative Democrats voting for him because they either don't like Obama's fiscal liberalism or are disillusioned with the party, and then you've got all of Nader's people and the outside people who don't vote voting for him...

He "might" have a chance. Now does that mean it'll be a landslide? Hell no, Paul doesn't have that much heat, but it might give him a slight edge. A slight enough edge to at least win the electoral votes, if not both.

If it's Gingrich & Romney... you can go ahead and pencil Obama in. If the electorate "perceives" same old same old with the GOP, they'll instantly give Obama the vote.

And despite the media/public perception, outside of the typical red states, Obama is still very much a popular president, and seems to be gaining more favor everyday the more he aligns himself with the anti-rich platform.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

And it's not like the voting machines aren't rigged to begin with, so...yeah, these polls are pointless. Must be nice raking in thousands of votes in towns with a few hundred registered voters.

How do we know this is even you posting?

I have reason to believe this entire thread is rigged...

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah but the GOP NEEDS a Gingrich in there on the campaign trail.

Romney might be the most universally likeable of the "known" guys on popularity and policy, but he'd be Bob Dole II. A waste of time for the Republicans. Obama would fucking destroy him the debates.

They need a scrapper going into those debates to kill Obama's regained momentum, and Cain was that man. Now that he's gone, the only one left is Gingrich.

Romney has "Vice President" written all over him in 2008 and now.

My guess is, despite the swipes they've been taking at each other on the campaign trail, is Gingrich gets the nod and hitches Ron Paul to his wagon to try to pull moderates and independents in to steal Obama's thunder from 2008.

I actually believe quite the opposite. I think Romney is the best chance the GOP will have against Obama. If Newt wins this then you can count on Obama for 2012. His beats both of them already, but really whips Newt-by about 13 points when polled.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but I don't really pay any attention to polls. I mean those same polls had Bush at such a low approval rating, had Kerry landsliding it, then guess what happened?

I'm thinking next fall. Romney might be more accessible, but Gingrich is gonna have more fire. I just see Romney boring people to death.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah but I don't really pay any attention to polls. I mean those same polls had Bush at such a low approval rating, had Kerry landsliding it, then guess what happened?

I'm thinking next fall. Romney might be more accessible, but Gingrich is gonna have more fire. I just see Romney boring people to death.

I agree that polls should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is RCP average for Kerry/Bush, which reflects the results pretty well

3waybig.jpg
In the actual election Bush got 50.7% of pop vote and Kerry got 48.3%. So both did a little bit better than polls predicted but very close and the result was the same.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presid … t3way.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obama is begging for a Carter style ass kicking but there's no Reagan to give it to him.

Obama wins no matter which GOP clown gets the nom.

Wouldnt surprise me if Obama gets some repub votes this time. A person that can vote W can vote O.

Board footer