You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

faldor wrote:

Man you were at the ready with that one.

From that article

“…beyond 2hrs 15mins it starts to become a bit of a marathon for both band and audience…”

I must say, after Guns played for 3 hours in Hartford, some of my friends felt like they had just run a marathon.  Complaining of back aches and things of the sort.  My legs were fried, so I do get what they're trying to say.  But still, I don't think a band can play "too long".  Well, yes they can.  But 3 hours isn't too long.  I heard a story about Dave Chappelle doing like a SIX hour comedy set one time.  Now that's just selfish and ridiculous.

AtariLegend wrote:
faldor wrote:

Man you were at the ready with that one.

From that article

“…beyond 2hrs 15mins it starts to become a bit of a marathon for both band and audience…”

I must say, after Guns played for 3 hours in Hartford, some of my friends felt like they had just run a marathon.  Complaining of back aches and things of the sort.  My legs were fried, so I do get what they're trying to say.  But still, I don't think a band can play "too long".  Well, yes they can.  But 3 hours isn't too long.  I heard a story about Dave Chappelle doing like a SIX hour comedy set one time.  Now that's just selfish and ridiculous.

Oh... all the comments and complaints about set lists posted on that site is the real reason I posted that 16.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also I think Axl's songs are much harder to sing vocally than many bands.

As Myles said about civil war "Help me out on this one, it's kind of hard to sing, actually, to tell you the truth, all of these songs are a bitch to sing".

It doesn't make Axl unique entirely. Most people would loose their voice mid way through an Ac/Dc style setlist as well...but it's a factor...Axl's setlist is punishing on the voice - deep lows, massive highs, screams, power, soft spots, lots of particular tones....of course there's others can do it...but it's fair to say his songs are a bit of a work out as well.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I can see why people would ay Gn'R shows are "too long" it's because of what time they take place at.  The three times I saw them in an arena since 2006 the venues have thined out considerably by the time PC was played. That includes the awesome show in Calgary in 2010. the excitement is there at the start but people are worn out mid way through just based on the time of day. In contrast the Foo Fighters show I saw in October started right at 9:00pm and the building was packed and jacked  from start to finish which was a pubic hair before midnight.

I think the "Gn'R shows are too long" thought stems from the whole idea that  'Gn'R's late start times suck"

Bono

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

As Myles said about civil war "Help me out on this one, it's kind of hard to sing, actually, to tell you the truth, all of these songs are a bitch to sing".

It doesn't make Axl unique entirely. Most people would loose their voice mid way through an Ac/Dc style setlist as well...but it's a factor...Axl's setlist is punishing on the voice - deep lows, massive highs, screams, power, soft spots, lots of particular tones....of course there's others can do it...but it's fair to say his songs are a bit of a work out as well.

It's true. To be honest the only person who can sing the way Axl does, with the same intensity as he does is me. And even then it's only when I'm in the zone, in my car and by myself so... Axl is a  trooper once he finally gets his ass on stage.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

bono, i posted the same poll on www.gnrevolution.com

no, i didn't but after carefully reading others' posts i achieved the same results as if i had.

i found that everybody here agrees with you, little buddy.

you dont need to keep stressing the same point.

If people keep asking the same question then my answer be will be the same little buddy. People dont' want the same answers stop asking  the same questions

Oh and I'm positive the only reason hardcore fans feel CD is what kept Gn'R in the public eye is it's like byuying a  new car. You don't see anyone else owning that type of car but on the way home from the dealership  that's all you see. Hardcore fans are so intune with the whole CD saga that even the slightest , slightest mention of CD or Buckethead or whatever sticks out as though it were a front page headline where as the rest fot he world just thought "meh"  or didn't even notice it to begin with.  I mean hardcore Gn'R fans probably see Shaq's name in print and instantly think  "oh yeah I remember rumors he was gonna be on CD"  where as the rest of the world thinks "too bad him and Kobe couldnt co exist"

"Like a broken record for too long"...........oops, sorry: cd quote.

Remind me how that has nothing to do with gnr getting in to the hall of fame.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's true. To be honest the only person who can sing the way Axl does, with the same intensity as he does is me. And even then it's only when I'm in the zone, in my car and by myself so... Axl is a  trooper once he finally gets his ass on stage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would rather have back pain, foot aches, a massive migraine, and totally down for the next day...

and get as much of the artist (Guns or anyone else) as I can. Kudos to Axl for still going out and doing 24-25 songs a night. Lovin' it.

And once again a very special thanks to Saikin for keeping me company, and letting me share his experience.

I told him live that it sucked that Duff had so little to do with GN'R and I stand by that, regardless of whatever idea that exists about "let's keep old and new seperate".

Hey, i've got an idea -- let's fucking not.

People can bitch and complain about how "the others quit", but they forget this little detail...

THE ONLY REASON A NEW GUNS N' ROSES EXISTS IS BECAUSE OF AXL.

So fuck all that shit about let's keep it seperate. I'm VERY supportive of the new band and ANY form of Guns N' Roses, I love it all. But without a new album, and the lack of a real future of the current band, the more integration of the old band members the better.

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Note, i'm apparently getting these late or just missing them or something, because I just got LALD, and now all of the sudden...

This I Love

Actually, there was a guy trying to fight his way through the crowd to get closer during this song.  He pushed an 18 year old girl out of the way and we almost beat the piss out of the guy.  Ended up sending him to the back of the floor.  So that was the reason for the lateness.

No problem. I actually had some phone issues at the same time, and thought it was on my end.

Once again thanks for the updates and Friday night conversation.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well to be realistic the only reason a new Guns N' Roses exists is because Axl kept the name. I think we'd all still be here if he called it the Axl Rose band. I mean it's not like Axl "saved" Guns N' Roses. He simply kept the name. Would this band be any less interesting without the name? Not to me.  Then again if Slash and Duff took the name and Axl went solo who would we all be following? Guns N' Roses? Would this website exist with this name or would we all be posting on a "Rose coloured Shades"  website?

Axlin08 wrote:

But without a new album, and the lack of a real future of the current band, the more integration of the old band members the better.

Agreed. To be honest though without a reunion I think it's gonna be an extremely long time before anything new is released.  The fact Axl hasn't mentioned a damn thing about it on this tour speaks volumes. Most artists like to talk about their future plans when it comes to music. the fact Axl isn't says to me nothing is coming any time soon.

that's why I think "Shit or get off the pot(reunite)"

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well to be realistic the only reason a new Guns N' Roses exists is because Axl kept the name. I think we'd all still be here if he called it the Axl Rose band. I mean it's not like Axl "saved" Guns N' Roses. He simply kept the name. Would this band be any less interesting without the name? Not to me.  Then again if Slash and Duff took the name and Axl went solo who would we all be following? Guns N' Roses? Would this website exist with this name or would we all be posting on a "Rose coloured Shades"  website?

Axlin08 wrote:

But without a new album, and the lack of a real future of the current band, the more integration of the old band members the better.

Agreed. To be honest though without a reunion I think it's gonna be an extremely long time before anything new is released.  The fact Axl hasn't mentioned a damn thing about it on this tour speaks volumes. Most artists like to talk about their future plans when it comes to music. the fact Axl isn't says to me nothing is coming any time soon.

that's why I think "Shit or get off the pot(reunite)"

I have always thought that if Slash had decided to take the GNR name and reform the band with all new members it would be even less accepted than Axl doing it. 

Why? 

Axl is the fucking voice of GNR.  And that voice is not easy to duplicate.  Look at who Slash has singing GNR songs now.  Myles sounds NOTHING like Axl and on songs like Civil War- he sounds fucking terrible.  Not only is Axl the voice, he's the attitude as well.  Not many singers have his attitude and energy on stage.    That's the way I always imagined another scenario playing out. 

If it was the Axl Rose Solo Project, I know I would still follow it.  His voice is unique, his lyrics are great, and he has a fuck ton of stage presence.

Do you think an Axl solo project would have done better than CD?  I could see it going either way.  It wouldn't have had the stigma of "it's not GNR without SLASH!"

Board footer