You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

monkeychow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I think it would have been less successful than VR, to be honest.  VR was billed as a supergroup of GNR and STP.  The band would have just been billed as GNR.  And imagine someone like Scott fronting GNR....  14

yeah but then it also depend just when it happened.

I've often got the impression Izzy left because he didn't want to be an employee in something he helped create from the ground up.

I mean VR is GNR in 2003 without Axl and Izzy..post grunge...needing to reestablish themselves as a modern act....the question is....what could GNR be without Axl in 1992?

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not minimising Axl's role...it wouldn't be GNR without him in just the same way.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think izzy left gnr cuz fame and fortune was killing him and his freinds

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think izzy left gnr cuz fame and fortune was killing him and his freinds

I remember him saying something like it just got too big and out of control. Wasn't fun anymore. Also didn't he get sober and just look around  and think "WTF"   I could totally see that playing a  part.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I truely feel the death cycle was in place after Izzy left. That was when the GN'R thing stopped.

Gilby Clarke was like a "life support" system being hooked up to the band, then it flatlined around 1993.

New Guns are like the RoboCop of rock bands. Alex Murphy rebuilt after death.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

^-- Completely agree, though I've gotten past it now and love the new guys.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

yeah man it is exactly what I said. Slash encouraged Axl to do a solo project Axl didn't want to. You said(totally misquoted it and took it out of context) that Axl viewed Guns N' Roses as HIS solo project and Slash agreed and so do you. Your post was either so poorly worded or you were trying to give the impression that Slash agreed that Guns N' Roses was Axl's solo project. Pretty sure Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would highly disgaree with that.

your resposne to johndiveny was AFTER the fact. AFTER he had also questioned what you were saying. AFTER I had elabaorated onwhat you were trying to say about Slash "agreeing" . Also you specified what was actually said AFTER my response to you because clearly your original post was painting it in a completely false way.  You even highlighted THEIR in your first post to emphasis it was Axl's band.

Slash wanted Axl to do his own solo project and  then return and contribute to Guns N' Roses as a BAND. Axl didn't want to do that because he saw himself and himself alone as Guns N' Roses. Slash never felt Gn"R was Axl's solo project. He aknowledegd that's pretty much how Axl viewed it.  that's it, that's all.

Do you even know what the quote was that you're claiming I misquoted? 16

That's not what I said, and your interpretation is wrong. I explained and elaborated after, or I mean "AFTER," I guess I figured people would know Slash wouldn't say GN'R was Axl. Again, Slash said Axl put everything (creatively speaking) into GN'R, and he saw it as a solo project because that's where he put all his efforts into. There, explained it again. I have absolutely no problem explaining it if anyone misenterprted what I said, or if I said it poorly. But somehow that doesn't count for some strange reason because I explained it "AFTER." Anyway, you're doing your same old shit with flying off the handle. Have at it. That is all.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you even know what the quote was that you're claiming I misquoted? 16

That's not what I said, and your interpretation is wrong. I explained and elaborated after, or I mean "AFTER," I guess I figured people would know Slash wouldn't say GN'R was Axl. Again, Slash said Axl put everything (creatively speaking) into GN'R, and he saw it as a solo project because that's where he put all his efforts into. There, explained it again. I have absolutely no problem explaining it if anyone misenterprted what I said, or if I said it poorly. But somehow that doesn't count for some strange reason because I explained it "AFTER." Anyway, you're doing your same old shit with flying off the handle. Have at it. That is all.

Uh huh. Yeah you responded saying I was taking you outta context and exagerating what you said..... The reality is I went off exactly what you said.

MisterID wrote:

What you're saying is totally out of context and exaggerating to the umth degree, on top of assuming what I think - He said Axl devoted himself to the band and didn't seperate himself, or the music he made, from the band. And he understood that.
Nothing arrogant that he didn't want to go outside the band he created to make music. Don't understand that.

That came after I questioned your original post which said and it's a huge difference from what you originally said.  "Slash asked Axl if he'd ever do a  solo project and Axl said Gn'R was his solo project. Slash agreed and so do I" That's misleading as hell and you know it otherwise there'd have been no need for you to clarify which you did  after I pointed out how misleading your paraphrase was.....

misterID

misterID wrote:

Sorry, bud. If you misinterpreted what I said, or I worded it poorly, I had no problem explaining it. You didn't ask. You wanted to fly off the handle, put words in my mouth and then take it out of context yourself.

Bono: "Are you saying he thought Axl was GN'R???"

me: "No, he said that Axl didn't want to go outside of GN'R to create music, because he put everything creatively in the band, and in that way considered GN'R a solo project."

Bono. " Oh, okay, cool."

See how easy that was? smile

Sky Dog wrote:

both of you sound like two old crusty bitches...the thread is about a concert in Seattle!

misterID

misterID wrote:

Hey, my Bono impression was far from a crusty old bitch, dude. 16

Board footer