You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

WARose wrote:

he actually did a while a ago at a monster energy meet and greet

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Maybe you will get Fernando or Jarmo. He can then tell you that you shouldn't expect anything, and that the band doesn't owe you anything for the ticket you bought and if you don't like it your not a real supporter, so you can go to another bands meet and greet from now on coz your banned. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Man if Jarmo said that to me backstage, I would happily get thrown.

I would fuck up him so badly.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I remember Axl criticizing meet and greets before and the artists that charge for them.

They're pretty lame to be honest.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

If they are pressing ahead with a website you must think it means they have plans of some sort for the future, which can only be a good thing.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Man if Jarmo said that to me backstage, I would happily get thrown.

I would fuck up him so badly.

14 Yup.  Me too. One punch KO!

Sweet website though roll  I'm also so bored with that Gn'R logo they have on the main page.  Time to move on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I remember Axl criticizing meet and greets before and the artists that charge for them.

Paid meet n' greets are totally lame. Thumbs down.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I agree, but if people are willing to pay, then why not?  Artists don't make crap off of record sales anymore these days, so they have to find different ways to turn a profit.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I agree, but if people are willing to pay, then why not?  Artists don't make crap off of record sales anymore these days, so they have to find different ways to turn a profit.

Agree, that's why when people say $lash or xyz band is a sellout I think it's crap. Unfortunately in todays music environment you need to be innovative and look at other means to make a dollar compared to the traditional ways.

Maybe Axl is just beginning to figure that out.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Well, opinions can change.
Also - they've been doing..meet and greets all this tour, with who knows what criteria (sometimes it seems random, but in other cases, forum friends like Russ get in smile ) without charging anything extra. They still meet and greet sometimes without the stickers wherever people find them, sometimes. So what if they make a way to 'gauntnee' a meet and greet at the shows, I'd suspect they'd still be having people invited adhoc, and not turn you away if you find them by the bus because you didn't hand over a Benjamin.

Edit: Also, I'd gladly pay extra.

Board footer