You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum (Dec 17, 2011)

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Is there a link to the review?

Sorry about that. Here ya go:

http://www.straight.com/article-566331/ … motionless

Thanks.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I wish Axl would have thrown out that douche that was pushing girls out of the way at the GNR concert.  He eyed him a few times I saw.  I was waiting for it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Neemo, you're such a fag. 16

haha fuck you! 19

EDIT: and not in the wya you are thinking either 13

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Neemo, you're such a fag. 16

haha fuck you! 19

EDIT: and not in the wya you are thinking either 13

So no lube or bondage equipment?  14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

^male chauvanist pig....

lol j/k 19

but yeah its become so important to be politically correct that peopel fly off the handle at any little thing anymore

like about a month ago i was accused of being prejudiced because i said that Will Smith and Denzel Washington are shitty actors, peopel were like "you just dont like them cuz they are black..." and i said, " no, but just cuz they are black doesnt mean that i do have to like them" 16 that really got them goin then 14

or if you mention the word

Hidden Text:

fag

or

Hidden Text:

gay

around here you are just asking for someone to freak the fuck out ... relax folks, i dont mean nothin by it....you can do whatever you want in your spare time dont bother me none...i even have freinds of that persuasion and have attended a couple

Hidden Text:

same sex

marriages of freinds 19

Or beaner, lol.

Some people just don't see intent.

I don't know why, they just don't.

Sometimes people are just trying to be funny, and people flip out. Now if you have a Michael Richards Laugh Factory moment, you're probably holding on to some internal racism. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
war wrote:

i dont view slash as a songwriter.

he epitomizes riffs and writes great melodies and solos.

don't know of any gnr song that he wrote without izzy and/or axl that was worth a shit.

Civil War.....  He recorded all the guitars. Duff and Axl did the lyrics. But I think it's a Slash baby musically for the most part.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

"Civil War" was the brainchild of the Guns N' Roses artists Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan. Slash stated that the song was an instrumental he had written right before the band left for the Japanese leg of its Appetite for Destruction world tour. Axl wrote lyrics and it was worked into a proper song at a sound check in Melbourne, Australia.[1] On September 27, 1993, Duff McKagan explained where the song came from in an interview on Rockline: "Basically it was a riff that we would do at sound-checks. Axl came up with a couple of lines at the beginning. And... I went in a peace march, when I was a little kid, with my mom. I was like four years old. For Martin Luther King. And that's when: "Did you wear the black arm band when they shot the man who said: 'Peace could last forever'?. It's just true-life experiences, really."

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

14 true. Now that I think about it Axlin08 may have just been bullshiting

Haha, OK, I was hoping so but wasn't sure. From the clip, it looked to me like fighting as mID said.

I read 3 reviews of this show, 2 were awesome and 1 was absolutely horrible. The horrible one mentioned that as Axl threw the guy out he said "Bye Kumar". The review went on to call Axl a "crazy, racist motherfucker" so I'm assuming the person thrown out was of middle Eastern decent.

My understanding is that Axl called him first an Asian dipshit, and then referred to him as Kumar, probably confusing the names of the two characters in the film.

Ali

have to disagree w/axlin here - IF this account ^ is true it's racist & axl's a moron for saying it.
he coulda called the guy a dipshit & it'd have been funny but he racialized the insult.
i also thought he'd said fubar but if not then it's another stupid racial slight.

now let me clariry i love racist jokes & being a bit jokey w racists stereotyping but there's a different standard for me than someone like axl...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't racist

I said no one cares, including Axl and myself.

I stand by that statement.

He made a statement in anger, nothing more.

Now if he had said, "hey zipperhead, go the fuck home"

That would've been racist.

And most still wouldn't have cared. When he walked home that night, he'd still been Axl fucking Rose.

Board footer