You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: WHITE LION Drummer Quits HOOKERS N BLOW

WHITE LION drummer Troy Patrick Farrell has left HOOKERS N BLOW, the cover band led by GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Commented Troy, "I've been doing HOOKERS N BLOW for some years now, and when the writing is on the wall, sometimes you've got to stop and read the writing."

He continued, "There are too many other opportunities to pursue in addition to many things with WHITE LION in 2008. It's also time to play with some other people and find some new challenges musically.

"Since WHITE LION is active a few months out of the year, I have time off to plan projects with some new guys and to put something different together as well as something that has some musical integrity, whether it's a cover gig or original. I'm looking forward to working with some new players."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=87535

hope Dizzy gets another drummer!

wasn't this the guy who posts on here today as 'hnb' ??

AtariLegend wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

...And MYGNR, were they get flayed all the time....

Some believe that "hnb" is Dizzy Reed himself.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A real White Lion reunion?? I know hardly no one cares, but Vito Bratta basically "pulled an Axl" around the same time Axl did. Disappeared in 94, and has only been seen sporadically since.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had auditioned for GNR at some point. He wouldn't have any problems keeping a secret.

AtariLegend wrote:

yea but mygnr is a shithole waste of a website and can't be taken seriously.    the members are out of control and even the mods have a huge bias towards VR...  you can trash GnR all you want there but dont go to the VR section and say anything slightly negative!   thats why i didn't mention it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

yea but mygnr is a shithole waste of a website and can't be taken seriously.    the members are out of control and even the mods have a huge bias towards VR...  you can trash GnR all you want there but dont go to the VR section and say anything slightly negative!   thats why i didn't mention it.

We have websites like this, don't we? wink

BTW it means that more will happen in the White Lion world than in the GN'R world. Sad.

One thing to add: why doesn't Dizzy write a solo album? I know that noone would buy it, but if he has some self-respect, he should do it. The guy's been playing for 18 years in one of the biggest rock band of all time, yet he hasn't released anything except a soundtrack song.

Mikkamakka wrote:

BTW it means that more will happen in the White Lion world than in the GN'R world. Sad.

we are 3 days into 2008, and you are already writing it off.   I dont get how your kind thrives on being so fucking negative.  it must suck to be so bitter.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

we are 3 days into 2008, and you are already writing it off.   I dont get how your kind thrives on being so fucking negative.  it must suck to be so bitter.

I'm not bitter, that'd need me expect them doing something. I don't. Maybe some SA shows for the first half of the year, that's it, then plans for a late 2008 album release. It might happen, might not. Experience makes you think it won't. Axl always wants to release it, but in fact he never wants to release it. I'm comfortable with that, there are a lot of good albums to get, this year I'll try to discover the 70s more, since I have a feeling that I don't know a lot of great music from then.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I wanna know what the "writing on the wall" is supposed to be though?

Dizzy becoming a solo artist??

Its definitely a possibility. The guy doesn't have much of a resume and isn't getting any younger. He may have decided to go solo, and some of these guys are bailing on HNB.

Board footer