You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: New song poll

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Silkworms fucking rules dude. Love that song. I can name you a couple of CD rockers it's better than.

Then again i'm the guy who's been saying for years how Shackler's Revenge & Oh My God are two of the best rockers to come from the new era so far, and most people spit up their pizza like Biff on Home Alone.

I pretty much agree with everything said by the great fans in here, who every single person pretty much nailed everything i've thought for the last few years.

I personally voted for "Down By The Ocean w/ Izzy" because Izzy = God. Izzy's the man, and anytime he's combined with the Gunners, cool ass stuff happens. Just look at Slash. The Izzy song on Slash 2010 ("Ghost") is the best song on that album.

Izzy brings people above their normal level, and I have no doubt about that with Axl. Down By The Ocean could be Think About You II and i'd cum instantly if I heard it.

As for the other tracks, honorable runner ups...

1. Down By The Ocean
--- see above; already explained

2. Ides of March
--- always LOVED this title; something about the title just screams EPIC, like If The World meets There Was A Time = 11

3. The General
--- something tells me this song is kin to Sorry, but darker; the title always felt like GNR's "Innuendo" = fuck YES

The rest...

Seven
--- sounds like another NIN-themed song to me

Thyme
--- not sure; maybe another mid-level ballad like Street of Dreams?

Oklahoma
--- another Madagascar; if it's not already Madagascar and mis-quoted

Blood In The Water
--- title sounds like a bad ass rocker, one of the more interesting titles

Atlas Shrugged
--- this is one that puzzles me, i'm completely stumped as to what this might or might not be

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Never ever understood why anyone liked Silkworms.

The live version seemed unlistenable...but the lyrics were fun "Pussy Full of Maggots" or whatever it is....I suspect it might be like OMG and My World are....a shock to the system but one that grows on you.

I really just want to hear anything with Axl on it. Axl and a huge guitar solo even better. But I liked CD so much that I'm way curious to hear what else he's done these past years.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

I voted for OMG since I love that song and I'd be interested to see what became of it, but I think if I could pick anything, I'd have to go for silkworms too. I'm a big fan of industrial music and I love the vibe it has.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Never ever understood why anyone liked Silkworms.

The live version seemed unlistenable...but the lyrics were fun "Pussy Full of Maggots" or whatever it is....I suspect it might be like OMG and My World are....a shock to the system but one that grows on you.

I really just want to hear anything with Axl on it. Axl and a huge guitar solo even better. But I liked CD so much that I'm way curious to hear what else he's done these past years.

No way man, no way.

Pitman's synth on Silkworms is fuckin' rad. 9

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

My man Chris Pitman. If they ever did release a version of Silkworms they would probably use the Synth intros by Dizzy and Chris as like a main introduction to the new album. That would kick ass! Sort of what Caram, Axl, Josh Freese, and Eric were using for the intro at the beginning of Chinese. If that doesn't happen they may release various runs of the song in a session work compilation or bits and pieces may float around on different releases even though the song looked almost completed back in 01.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I need to hear The General.  It was teased as one of the "big guns" by some of the members, right?  That intro they were using also has me curious.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm hoping they bring back that instrumental intro for The General to start up the shows around the next few tours and whenever they decide to tour the states again instead of the Dexter theme song for the intro. ..and Maybe..they can blast into the main song by having Bumbles, DJ, Tommy, and Frank starting it off, and then Axl can come in with the rumored amazing vocal lines!!! big_smile Then the rest of the band just goes nuts with the song! That would be epic!!

Board footer