You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Current member poll

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I'm just hoping Mother Goose gets some love for first choice from some members. Personally without him Chinese Democracy wouldn't have achieved Axl's vision or finished with the right modern touches in order to get it shipped out. Even it still was delayed another 6 years when it was actually ready but panned by management back in 2003. I hope he continues on his massive work in the new album with this lineup. I hope he does something with Silkworms and the ikeyboard and other instrumentals. Seeing him rock out on bass on youtube on it proves that he is a true member of GNR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5w2wr6eOY
That's why he is Chris Motherfucking Goose Pitman Ladies and Gents!!

I tried to throw some love towards Chris, because it seems i'm the big keyboardist fan on the board.

The problem with Chris is although I do believe he's talented, the best synth/orchestral stuff that's on the album was NOT written by him, but kinda leaves the listener/fan a bit confused as to what Mother Goose's actual role is short of fucking up Better with needless fart noises, and VH1 "Pop Up Video" sounds.

Once I got ahold of Chris' work on Sorry and brought it up to the surface, was the most impressed I was with him, and even still it wasn't really anything showing off. Just oooh's and aaah's and John Carpenter-esque Halloween creeping keys held throughout the song.

Bringing it to the surface added a "creepier" element to Sorry, giving it an almost an 80's horror ambient sound to my ears, but nothing really amazing, even for that type of music.

The most amazing pieces of synth & orchestra & piano on the album were written by Axl, Marco Beltrami, Paul Buckmaster, or even Dizzy. But not Chris.

I do think he's underrated, because I think Silkworms is an awesome song instrumentally, and I think it's Chris baby. I was totally impressed with what he did with that song. But it's been buried in the vault. Oh My God is another.

Alot of people have the misconception of crediting Chris for the Madagascar horns. Chris set up the equipment and showed Axl how to use it. But in fact it was AXL who came up with the synth French horns in Madagascar, not Chris. The other stuff was Paul Buckmaster.

So do I think Chris brings something to the table? Yes. Do I think the fans underrate what he brings? Yes. Do I think Chris is the new Dizzy of the 21st century? Yes.

After the Illusion records, Dizzy Reed basically just recorded and/or performed live the piano parts that Axl wrote for most of the songs. That was pretty much his role. Obviously he took more of a writer role for Chinese, and deservedly so. But Dizzy's real role in the early 90's was to play live what Axl had wrote, because Axl would be fronting the band and too busy to stay behind a keyboard/piano.

Chris has now taken on this role in the 21st century. Chris plays Axl's studio stuff live while Axl's busy. Dizzy now plays Dizzy's own material.

It might change for the next album, but like Silkworms and even If The World, we know there are Chris songs hidden in the vault.

Honestly? Other than Buckethead... Chris' songs are the ones i'm most interested in hearing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Gotta hand it to you Keith, that's simply on a higher level than my GNR "wisdom", right or wrong doesn't matter. I'll give you cred for that one.

Sky Dog wrote:

my favorite songs on chinese are the Axl/Tobias ones.....Catcher, TWAT, Prostitute, and IRS.

But, I love Mother Goose's contributions....I dig him.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

buckethead for me. even though i prefer a blues-based guitarist and am a huge DJ fan, i think back to the 3 shows i saw with buckethead and i probably watched him 75% of the time. and he can play and although i'm not the biggest fan of his style, he is diverse enough and sounded great playing gnr's classic songs.

my dream (non-reunion) lineup would be buckethead playing with this band replacing bumblefoot. that would be absolutely insane.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Robin. Always.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It should, you're his biggest fanboy. 16

I get the same thing in public life about Axl. I really don't think of myself that way, because I seem to bring up Axl more often than I realize.

AtariLegend wrote:

If you google Paul Tobias fan site, a webpage with only 4 or so comments including our very own James Lofton shows up tongue.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

haha, 16

I never ever got Lofton's thing about Huge. Like with Pitman, I just don't think we've heard enough of the vault to really make an assessment.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Got Mother Goose on my facebook friends list! FUCK YEA!!! xD

Board footer