You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash on RRHOF (NME Article)

Lomax wrote:

Slash has spoken about the possibility of the original line-up of Guns N' Roses reuniting for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The band were confirmed to be added to the roll of honour along with The Faces/The Small Faces, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys and will be inducted at a ceremony in Cleveland, Ohio, on April 14, 2012 and Slash has said that he is not keen to revisit all the previous tensions between him and former frontman Axl Rose.

Speaking to Esquire, the guitarist said he wants to bury the hatchet with Rose and that the split between the two of them originally happened very quietly.

He said: "The split between Axl and I was a quiet one. But because there was so much attention on the break-up - and are we going to get back together - it got built up into this monster that led to a kind of animosity that wasn't the focus for me. Neither one of us wants to be down each other's throats for no reason. At this point, I'm trying to put it to rest."

He also said that he remains proud of the band's achievements and said that it remains "as sincere as any rock 'n' roll that I've ever heard".

He said: "When I see footage of Guns N' Roses, I see that fucking hunger and attitude. You could not fuck with those five guys. It was just raw. It was this lean, hungry thing on its way up. It was as sincere as any rock 'n' roll that I've ever heard, and I'm proud of that."

source: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/61177 
(Originally Esquire)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Yeah that was me. Startin' controversy. My bad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow...interesting quote from Slash...does sound like he's planning on making some kind of overture behind the scenes.

Which is logical...Slash has Myles and VR, Axl has the new Guns...no need for them to be in a blood war.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

wow...interesting quote from Slash...does sound like he's planning on making some kind of overture behind the scenes.

Which is logical...Slash has Myles and VR, Axl has the new Guns...no need for them to be in a blood war.

True, and I agree with Slash that it has grown into a monster due to the media and such.  The people WANT them to reunite and harp on it, so it does build up resentment.  Like if you break up with a girl and start dating a new girl and people keep asking when you're going to get back with your old girlfriend.  You'd get pretty sick and tired of it pretty quick I'd imagine.

Lomax wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

True, and I agree with Slash that it has grown into a monster due to the media and such.  The people WANT them to reunite and harp on it, so it does build up resentment.  Like if you break up with a girl and start dating a new girl and people keep asking when you're going to get back with your old girlfriend.  You'd get pretty sick and tired of it pretty quick I'd imagine.

Probably in an attempt to shut people up you'd say something like "She's a cancer and I have no interest in ever sharing the same 3 mile radius with her ever again"

Hmmm... And if she was as sick of hearing the same question she'd probably understand why you said it...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

He said: "When I see footage of Guns N' Roses, I see that fucking hunger and attitude. You could not fuck with those five guys. It was just raw. It was this lean, hungry thing on its way up. It was as sincere as any rock 'n' roll that I've ever heard, and I'm proud of that."

I think that's something everyone can agree on. Early GN'R was as hungry and balls-to-the wall as any rock band ever.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Riad wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Probably in an attempt to shut people up you'd say something like "She's a cancer and I have no interest in ever sharing the same 3 mile radius with her ever again"

Hmmm... And if she was as sick of hearing the same question she'd probably understand why you said it...

Pretty much

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Then again maybe you should listen to those people and realize you made the wrong decision, and make up with and marry the girl you were supposed to.

Just because people break up, doesn't mean they made "the right call".

From Guns N' Roses to personal friends, there are PLENTY of men & women I know that should've been with the FIRST person they were with and have been utterly miserable ever since both personally and with their family & friends because they made the WRONG decision, and are too proud to reverse the last ten years.

Just sayin'

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Then again maybe you should listen to those people and realize you made the wrong decision, and make up with and marry the girl you were supposed to.

Just because people break up, doesn't mean they made "the right call".

From Guns N' Roses to personal friends, there are PLENTY of men & women I know that should've been with the FIRST person they were with and have been utterly miserable ever since both personally and with their family & friends because they made the WRONG decision, and are too proud to reverse the last ten years.

Just sayin'

Let's get back to Axl and Slash here.  I don't think either of them made "wrong" decisions in what caused the breakup.  They were no longer fit to work together at that time.  Just because millions of people wish they never broke up, or should get back together, doesn't mean that's the way it should, or has to be.  They're at much different places right now.  But if the media wasn't so persistent, there'd probably be a much more likely chance of them reconciling and working together in some way.  But since the media is constantly bagging on Axl for not having Slash in the band, the rift strengthens.

Board footer