You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Xbox720 to Block Used Game Playing?

Axlin16 wrote:

Well it's all been said before. To block used games would actually bury the gaming industry, especially online downloads at XBOXLive and PSN.

The reaction to the falling sales of console gaming, and blocking all this shit is once again short-sighted industry people trying to overregulate the use of games thinking it'll force more sales, and instead it'll do the opposite.

Bottom line is console gaming is dying. No different than music CD's. Eventually there will be no game discs or gaming market, it'll simply die, we'll all have 500GB (or higher) hard drives, and we'll download all of our games, and buy them directly from Sony or Microsoft with no middle man, all from the comfort of our couch, recliner, bed or in my case office chair.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I would be perfectly fine with this ordeal! I'm currently planning on going into the game development industry after I graduate from my university and receive my bachelor's in Game & Simulation Programming. So far I am looking at positions and putting my name out there. I am looking at the new types of technology that is going to be used in the future and this seems like the logical approach. Alot of people just don't want to go out and take out $60 or more on a single video game nowadays. I feel that frustration as well.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Look at the music gaming scene.

How much of our money was WASTED on those games during that fad?

The true longevity to me are sandbox games. I still play GTA, Red Dead Redemption & Batman: Arkham series, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I find the things I play again tend to be very very low-fi and retro. Stuff like tower games like Pixeljunk's Monsters or like Plants vs Zombies.....

At some stage I will probably replay Dead Space 1 and 2 cos I loved the atmosphere in those games....

but I've never yet been able to play stuff over and over.

Board footer