You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

It has nothing to do with relevance, expectations, new music, being excited, or anything else you want to bring up.

14:laugh::laugh:
Woooo! Are you F-ing kidding me? WOW!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

You guys are the most fickle group of fans ever. 16

Of course their identity is going to be different now without Bucket and Finck. And the new era band have been playing club dates way before this.

And please. Those of you who relentlessly attacked the "freak show" era because of the way they looked and sounded, and wanted a more traditional looking and sounding musicans like you have now, can't turn around NOW and suddenly say it was better back then because he was doing something different, when you bashed him for it. Fuck that cheap, hypocritical bullshit. Have some fucking backbone at least. And a little self respect.

Although typically me and misterID don't see eye-to-eye in these types of threads, this post right here nails it.

That was exactly my first initial reaction when I started reading the "easy", and frankly "lame" -- DJ bashing. The guy tries to give the fans what he thinks they want -- BOOOOO Slash knockoff!

DJ then tries to be himself -- BOOOOO Play it more like Slash!

I also hear alot of slamming of DJ's obvious Motley Crue/GN'R/Skid Row/Faster Pussycat-inspired playing, look and persona.

Yet at the same time, all I heard in 2002-04 was bitch bitch bitch, where's the real Guns? waah I don't mind a reboot, but they look like freaks. waah What's up with that Buckethead dude? Why can't he just get rid of the outfit and play, waah. I wish the new Guns looked more like the old Guns, waah. Piss and moan, piss and moan.

Hell man, when Oh My God dropped in 1999, the GN'R fan world passed fucking kidney stones in unison, screaming in agony, calling Axl every name in the book and saying how he was a total sellout, and how GN'R sucked donkey dick, because Axl was going in a Limp Bizkit-direction. Some even saying how they'd preferred if Axl had cut a Creed-like track instead (would've been "of the times" in 1999).

Yet, Axl goes and recruits DJ Ashba and Ron Thal, when throughout Robin & Bucket's tenure they were almost slammed daily for the lack of prescence, lack of association with fans, and total freakshow presentation...

Now that Axl's got a Creed-type guitarist (Ashba) and 80's hair virtuoso (Thal), and seems to be aiming to a GN'R legacy image and future... suddenly "I didn't sign up for this. I wanted something original"

What an incredible fuckin' laugh. 14

--------------------

Before we all get into a full-blown Street Match in here, the bottom line is this all comes down to music.

Axl has the best group of guys right now at this very moment since 1993. Bar none, unarguable, done and done. That's it. And even though I loved Bucket, the reality is Bucket is never gonna fly for what GN'R was, is, or ever will be. Never ever ever was gonna happen. Robin -- same thing. There's a reason NIN doesn't exactly equate - 'radio ready' these days.

WRITE THIS DOWN...

If Axl Rose cannot make a constantly active, well-oiled GN'R work with DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris... Axl will never, ever, ever make ANY "new GN'R" lineup 'work'. This is the best situation he's been in, since the entire birth of the new band concept.

I'm just sayin'. Either way, Axl & DJ album, Axl & Slash reunion album... what the fuck ever... i'll buy two copies of both, play them side by side, and have no doubt both will fucking rock the fucking sun.

Just get it done man

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

How can anyone toss aside someones opinion today because someone else said something conflicting years ago? Ridiculous argument.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

yeah, yeah, yeah, bla blah blah, lets totally ignore what was written so you can rant some more....

I made it very clear about people who bashed the band for the way they look, now turn around and say it was better for the sake of arguing. That's it, that's all. It was not a side discussion That's funny though. At least neemo can admit he hated the look of the 02 line up and likes this line up a lot better, their image being a big part of that.

It has nothing to do with relevance, expectations, new music, being excited, or anything else you want to bring up. This was strictly about image and sound. It's about getting what you said you wanted to see during a time you hated the image of the band, and now you're changing that opinion now that you got it.

You're making up your own argument, just to argue. Of course you have to exaggerate and be over dramatic, as usual.

You dont' even know me from 2002... maybe you do but I sure as shit had no clue who you were or even cared. I thought the image did suck in 2002 but I was excited as hell for what the posibilities were and to be honest I've always been one who doesn't really care about their image yet that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it.  I was at the first show in 2002, I was at the Hammerstein show and  image aside(because that's what it is despite your refusal to acknowledeg that) I was super excited for this band to evolve. It hasn't happend and what people are now saying is why is it reverting back to even more of a tribute act with all things considered. Image, sound, venues you name it. What people are asking is if they aren't gonna move forward than this schtick right now is better served with the original lineup. Yet for some fucked reason you think asking that question is a lack of self respect and there's a lot fo us who ahve been asking it.  Basically you just questiond the integrity of everyone in this discussion.  But back pedal some more.

you've missed the entire point of what people are saying..... shocking.

I don't know what you are talking/arguing about but I knew ID from the Rolling Stone board back in 2000...or somewhere around there....carry on!:cool:

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

How can anyone toss aside someones opinion today because someone else said something conflicting years ago? Ridiculous argument.

It's not someone it's the same people. These boards have been visited by the same people for years. And what Axlin is saying is right when applied to the GNR Forum Fan Base as a whole.

yep

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Nope

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

It's not someone it's the same people. These boards have been visited by the same people for years. And what Axlin is saying is right when applied to the GNR Forum Fan Base as a whole.

Who, name names then. Dont gimmie that "people" argument, cause its worthless. Specific members here just gave their opinion on the state of play today, and it was just cast aside by Mr ID and Axlin because "people" in the past said something different. To me thats a worthless argument.

Just sayin 19

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

im always afraid of which list im on. But.in reality I think I'm under the radar enough.that I'm not on any.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I think the band looks the coolest it has since 93 anyway everthing after 2006 has been alright

Board footer