You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^ we all wanted them to play those songs. And they are. I like that.

And I'm sure he wants to unveil any new music the way he wants to.

This.

I'll still never understand "setlist bitching". I'll say it til I'm blue in the face; Guns N' Roses play Guns N' Roses songs for Guns N' Roses fans at Guns N' Roses shows. What's the problem with that??

You literally expect it to be Guns N' Roses playing exactly the songs Guns N' Roses fans on a forum in their parents basement want to hear in the order they went Guns N' Roses to play them in at Guns N' Roses shows??

And i'll never understand people who bitch about people who bitch about the setlists.

I just want to say clear cut...

I think this is THE BEST setlists the new band has played in the new band's history

It's well-rounded, and gives everyone a little bit of what they want to hear. 1/3 AFD, 1/3 UYI, 1/3 CD, and a few extra goodies like some covers or Lies tracks.

But at the same time, the complainers about "lack of new music" are dead right too. There has been literally NO MOVEMENT AT ALL towards new music. CD was released in 2008, and was toured TWICE before it was ever even released.

Now all of the suddenly we've got forum geeks breaking down "regional performances".

Whatever.

You guys all know Axl hasn't made one move towards new music. He'd rather play TWO AC/DC covers, in addition to all of the other covers already being played including the solos, instead of Oh My God and a new song, or some other shit.

I'm telling you... all it'd take is Oh My God, maybe a band performed version of One Man Mutiny w/ Tommy up front and Axl on backing vocals & bongos or something, and a new Axl & DJ track (which technically means ONE new song), and fans would be falling all over themselves with "Chinese Democracy II Starts Now!!!!!111111xoxoxoxo"

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I dunno do they want that dude in the basement to buy the Livestream?

I just feel as if there is literally nothing GN'R could do to make their fanbase on these forums happy from a set list stand point.

Of course there isn't.  Some people will never be satisfied, or it will be impossible to satisfy all people.  It's a no-win situation all in all.

Ali

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I dunno do they want that dude in the basement to buy the Livestream?

I just feel as if there is literally nothing GN'R could do to make their fanbase on these forums happy from a set list stand point.

Of course there isn't.  Some people will never be satisfied, or it will be impossible to satisfy all people.  It's a no-win situation all in all.

Ali

That is a pretty simplistic generalization. I love ya Ali, but you are better than this.

Clearly, there is a lot Axl can do to make the fanbase happy. However, no movement to the future and a recycled setlist isn't the answer.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I think the problem is that this band is still looking back and not looking forward. Additions such as DC, Estrange, and CW do not really help that cause.

Mostly. But a little change in the setlist, maybe even with the same songs in a different order would help. A little. But as long as they're playing these mechanic setlists, it's not more than a well-paid, boring job. Artists would never do this.

@the 'best possible setlist' argument. Same old song and dance. When they'd been playing the usual setlist back in 2002, the Axlists glorified that as the best possible way that'd be stupid to change. When they played a different, yet monotonic set in 2006, then suddenly that was the perfect mix and order. Then came 2009 and had some surprise shows, constantly changed sets (for a few weeks) and everybody was happy with that. Everybody, even the so-called 'naysayers'. It's not true that he cannot please GN'R fans. Now we're back in the setlist boredom, and there are still people, the same people, who try to convince the rest of the world that it's perfect as it is.

No. F. Way. It's not perfect. It's lazy. Axl 'I don't work for you' Rose can't take his precious time to rehearse some new or old tunes. Maybe GTA or NFL or NBA is much more interesting, but he needs to do some touring to pay his bills. Good for him, it still can be a kickass show on his good day. But please, at least you, fans don't try to justify his laziness.

I agree with you.

It's tough to say that lazy is the word. I really don't know what the thought process is in that camp.

Maybe they need to keep playing the same songs to appear to be a well oiled machine of a rock band.

I had to giggle at a comment that NYC had not heard 4-5 songs. LOL. Didn't this band play Camden? Do we need to make a density plot of the US to find out what songs haven't been heard live town by town? Come on, now. That's just plain silly. And, if that is the band's thinking, they are milking the old catalog for every last cent.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Naltav, the argument that fans who complain want slash in the band is crazy. Always has been. I used to get labeled a slashite because I was vocal about wanting Axl to move forward with the new era and "bury AFD".   Most insane fan base in history.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah no shit. And of course no matter how many hundreds of my dollars i've given to see various Slash-less versions of GN'R, all it takes is saying "where's the album?" and you'll eventually be called a reunionite. Just give it time.

roll

James

James wrote:

Havent paid attention to the tour but the regional setlist thing is funny. Its like "they just played Anything Goes in bumfuck, USA. See I told you they were moving forward! Song hasn't been performed since they busted it out in Timbuktu in 1987!"

James

James wrote:

For the sake of life on Earth, lets hope they dont perform The Garden. The massive amount of forward movement in such a short duration would cause a rift in the space time continuum....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Pink Floyd never changed their set.

We're acting like GN'R are the only band that does this.

Seriously, you're talking about adding a song will change everything. Estranged sure didn't do it, so I doubt anything else will...

James

James wrote:

Of course Estranged didnt do it. Its a 20 yr old song. Release a kick ass single that cracks the Itunes chart & perform that. As David Lee Roth would say....."It aint rocket surgery".....

Board footer