You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

Naltav wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Naltav, the argument that fans who complain want slash in the band is crazy. Always has been.

I said most fans. I'm well aware that there are a few fans here that complain with "good" intentions at heart. And after being on here a few years I can spot them out. But the others stands out like sore thumbs!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

I also know the moment they play something new live we're going to hear, "Nope, he waited too long. It's over." "Oh, that song sucks."  "It'd be better if Slash or Bucket was on it." "They should have waited until the album was ready. This live quality sucks."

And so it goes...

BINGO!  smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wrong, you're all wrong.

There is no way a catchy, relevant single is gonna be buried in music because "it needs more Slash" or the YouTube quality sucks.

Only way that works is if my blackmail theory which Axl stole for his suit against Azoff, actually is happening.

Axl is being blacklisted and forced into a reunion.

I used to believe that, but now I know too much behind the scenes. CD died because of Axl's incompetence and laziness, not because the industry wanted to bury the album.

Which brings me back to what I believe. It doesn't matter what some fuck nut on Evo or HTGTH thinks because they keep beating off to Robin's beard or Bucket's mask. Not a fucking thing.

What matters is a hot single and Axl WORKING. That's all it takes. Axl Rose has enough fans that he can push this band, as least on a Shinedown/Crue/AIC/STP/Creed-level popularity with a hot single.

So the next response is, "but it requires Axl to work!". He already IS! He's touring constantly, why not use the momentum to drop a new single and make some iTunes dough, and sell some more tix. It's not brain surgery.

And once again... doesn't fucking matter what some nerd thinks. It matters what the CASUALS think, and if it's catchy and constantly played. Studio version, live versions at the shows. DJ Ashba, Mark Tremonti, Jerry Cantrell... doesn't matter who's on guitar. All that matters is a catchy melody & chorus, and Axl's voice. SOLD.

Bands/artists do it all the time, everyday, and many of them don't have the Guns N' Roses brand name in their pocket, nor the name and history and voice of Axl Rose.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

ID, my argument doesn't constantly change. I've wanted him to move forward & reinvent the band like he claimed he wanted to 10 yrs ago. Somehow I'm a hater because of that. Also, I never thought playing Estranged would be a game changer.

James

James wrote:

Only game changer is a good album with 1 or 2 killer singles. How hard is that?

The supposed vision of album/tour/album/tour/album might have worked had he put in more than zero effort. Cornell was doing that vision while Axl was talking about it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

ID, my argument doesn't constantly change. I've wanted him to move forward & reinvent the band like he claimed he wanted to 10 yrs ago. Somehow I'm a hater because of that. Also, I never thought playing Estranged would be a game changer.

The argument PERIOD. You can see how it changes in this thread.

And A LOT of posters, who've been having this argument forever, wanted Estranged and Civil War put in the setlist.

I never called you a hater.

I said the moment they put out something new, it will not be good enough.

James

James wrote:

I was making a general comment on my stance. You've known me for years & both of us have been labeled as such for insane reasons.

Adding UYI tracks is cool but is a small step. I was surprised by it as I always thought UYI was being saved for a reunion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The argument PERIOD. You can see how it changes in this thread.

And A LOT of posters, who've been having this argument forever, wanted Estranged and Civil War put in the setlist.

I never called you a hater.

I said the monet they put out something new, it will not be good enough.

Exactly, the argument changes for sure. 

I will grant the "new music/moving forward" argument.  It's certainly valid.  Although I still contend that, people would respond "2 albums in 15 years?  Seriously?  That's all you can do?"  Or better yet, "CD II, god the guys on the album aren't even in the band anymore!"  Or if it IS material from the current lineup, "God, who wants to hear these jokers, let's hear the rest of the Bucket/Robin stuff." 

As for the ongoing setlist arguments.  I think people tend to "misremember" the past.  GNR has ALWAYS played a pretty static setlist.  Sure, on occasion they'd break out and play some unexpected stuff or longer shows than normal, or switch up the order of songs.  All stuff they still do today.  Difference is, back THEN you couldn't read about the setlists on the internet, so you were going to be surprised no matter what.  Let's not make it like one night they'd play 20 songs, and the next night they'd play 20 different songs.

James

James wrote:

A new kick ass single is good enough for me. It worked for Soundgarden & could work for GNR. Fans would go ape shit if the band released a new song.

Board footer