You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: The Ritz (Webster Hall), NYC 02/15/12

Olorin wrote:

Some really cool vids here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=184331

Looks like an amazing show, wish this one had been streamed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Yep. A good buddy of mine (not at all a big GNR fan) who want to The Palace in December because he got free tickets, just purchased a ticket for The Fillmore next week based on the fact that they brought Civil War back. I'd love to hear both Used To Love Her and You're Crazy but if I got to hear one or the other, I'd LOVE to hear You're Crazy.

So small changes in the setlist CAN affect attendance, then.

I would say so honestly. My buddy dislikes Axl (mostly his attitude) quite a bit and dislikes most of CD. His brother is in the military and got 4 free tickets to The Palace show in December due to the Seats For Soldiers campaign so he went. He sent me a fb message the next day saying it was FAR better than he expected and he was glad it got to see it but he probably wouldn't go again. Then yesterday morning he sent me another fb message asking if it was true they're doing Civil War, about an hour later I got another message saying he bought Main Floor just to hear that song and he felt like he should've paid for the awesome show he saw in December anyways.

This is a complete contridiction to what you said in the other thread, but i'll let it go because your my boy.

Bottom line -- setlist/fresh musical changes ALWAYS make a difference. For diehards and casuals both. It's always a difference maker.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And by the way... that was a FUCKING AWESOME setlist. Nice to see they made Ritz 2012 was a memorable. Hopefully a nice boot will surface of this. Maybe a multi-cam.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Some really cool vids here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=184331

Looks like an amazing show, wish this one had been streamed.

WOW, those are awesome. Just caught this at htgth too:
http://www.blackjacker.net/misc/big+small.jpg
Holy shit, Sunday and Tuesday are going to fucking rock.

Man that photo really puts into perspective just how small the stage is.  Would love to go to a small gig like this!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My opinion..

Technically nothing to complain about..if you're fine with nostalgia. If you are, hats off. Kudos. However, it goes against everything said by hardcores for 15 yrs. Its a good blend of songs though...an improvement from previous tours.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Nic e to see the return of Used to Love Her. You're Crazy is a welcome addition, but overall still not an exciting setlist.

At least you're consistent.  Honestly, in your defense, I saw pretty much the same setlist, minus Civil War and Used To Love Her, in Hartford this year.  So it's nothing NEW really, just basically ALL the songs they've been playing rolled into one show.  Which, is great.  Obviously though, those looking for new stuff, keep looking.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I realize that I contradicted myself, or rather "gave in a little" 16

It's kinda odd because I would've fought to the death saying that set list changes do not matter at all to any casual fan. But then the story above happened to me and I gotta call a spade a spade. Having said that, it's only one person, ya know?

It's only one person YOU know,  ya know? wink

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer