You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: Hall Of Fame Conspiracy Theory

starsko wrote:

I can't wait for April 14 th : GNR > fakegnr.

Sorry but that's how it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching the Slash live DVD as I type.  How has somebody not ripped axl's voice and put on top of this is beyond me. Musically this thing is perfect. Bring on the rnrhof. I know Slash will deliver for sure....  I hope Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Axl bring their "A" game. Axl better rehearse first, something tells me he won't.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching the Slash live DVD as I type.  How has somebody not ripped axl's voice and put on top of this is beyond me. Musically this thing is perfect. Bring on the rnrhof. I know Slash will deliver for sure....  I hope Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Axl bring their "A" game. Axl better rehearse first, something tells me he won't.

There won't be a reunion so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What? They won't play 3 songs?  Bummer....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You know, if Rio was good enough for you, then there's really no point of an argument. He sounded like his parody karaoke version. That was the low point of his entire career. I really appreciate him for crawling back from there and doing this tour. He showed character with continuing after that disaster.

I never said Rio was good enough for me.  I said it then, and I'll say it now, it was the WORST performance from GNR I have ever seen.  BUT, I don't think Axl was as bad vocally as some people make him out to be.  His missing lyrics, and woe is me attitude attributed greatly to the horrific nature of the performance.  Far more than his voice being off.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not dismissing your friends opinions. But you can't turn around and dismiss the postive stuff said about Axl and the new band either, especially when it's coming from the press, which are far from his biggest fans.  So if there is positive stuff, we can't say only the negative shit represents what the general publics feelings are. That's a double standard, right?

And when have I ever done that? NEVER! It's you and other's who dismiss the "negative" stuff because you don't want to acknowledge those opinions exist outside of these forum walls.  When something has been good in Gn'R land I've expressed and if my friend shave thought something was cool I've shared that as well and those things are accepted and looked at as valid. It's when something that isn't overly positive is expressed when suddenly a few start saying "Friends opinions don't mean shit" Uh huh roll.  I'm not the one who says a friends opinion doesn't means shit and then goes on to say how great the critics think the show is as if they offer a  more valid opinion on things than the average Joe. Nobody bitched when I shared what my freinds thought of the show in 2010 and that's because that opinion was expressed after a  great show where Axl sounded awesome so it fell in line with the agenda of some people on this board. However when I expressed mine and my friends opinion for how fucking shitty the shows were and how bad Axl sounded at our 2006 shows those opinions were not valid and suddenly it's not reflective of other's opinions possibly. It's not me who has ever used this double standard dude. I've simply expressed what I've expereinced. It's other's who choose to accept or dismiss it depending on their agenda.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Again, I have never dismissed what you or your friends experienced. I never have. I said it was your own opinions, and YOUR opinions shouldn't be applied to the rest of the world. I also said you can't ignore what people say about the band that's good, either, or dismiss any good press. I didn't say one's opinion was more important than the other.

I accept what you and your friends say. I just don't accept the rest of the world feels the same way. That's all I'm saying. neutral

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yer i asked the person who mixed them you tube clips with axl singing prost over beauitful danger but i didnt hear back from him

Board footer