You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Hall Of Fame Conspiracy Theory

-D- wrote:

U click on the website and all the videos are the old band

Reunion is fucking ON

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

U click on the website and all the videos are the old band

Reunion is fucking ON

That's because the new band hasn't got any videos of their own...:laugh:

Just watched Dead Horse again. Fuck, it makes me sad seeing that live footage. I so wish Axl and Slash patch things up again one day.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Did Hall runner Jann Wenner do an interview and publicly say that he will kick out any post-1993 GN'R member?

Or something like "their tickets will get lost in the mail"

Joking around? I thought I remember something like that.

Either way, even still the key difference here is Axl's peers. When his peers look at him as "what the fuck are you doing you moron", he'll freak and crawl to a rafter like that dude from Rage Against The Machine at the VMA's this one time.

I think some of the new band MIGHT show up to be supportive, like DJ and MAYBE Ron, but outside of that... don't hold your breath.

I think Axl himself is ready to come full circle with this. I truely believe all of them are in a different place emotionally. I don't think the baggage and the demand is there as much anymore with them personally. Slash has his safety net, Axl has his, which is what I think will open the door easier for them to be on a stage together without issue.

There's no pressure, believe it or not. Everyone is EXPECTING them to NOT do it. So why not, just do it?

Diehards know better, and casuals and the industry gave up hope on a reunion probably 10 years ago.

This isn't as big of a deal to them as it used to be imo.

My dream?

That one day GN'R will have a Crue/Sixx:AM or Creed/Alter Bridge or Slipknot/Stone Sour-type of relationship one day. Axl will have his band, Slash will have his, and the original GN'R will come together every so often to cut an album, and ultimately the fans get THREE times the GN'R albums. And everybody are 100% cool with that, and make their own visionary albums.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This induction could be the dampest fart ever drizzled out..check Axl with Duff on stage in the recent reunions..no interaction..no warmth..

These guys might get up there, bash out three songs and just say goodnight and it will be back to business as usual..

none of the new band will be with Axl, he's have Beta there or some other paid comforter..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl & Duff seemed to be more comfy with each other at the Vancouver show. Duff guested on three songs, versus only one in Seattle.

Axl said Izzy was supposed to play the Miami show, but pulled out at the last minute (if true).

If these guys were as tight as they were at one time, they probably act just like family members (think Aerosmith).

One day they're eyeballing each other like a junkyard dog, and the next day they're hugging and singing dueling vocals on Dust N' Bones.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

My dream?

That one day GN'R will have a Crue/Sixx:AM or Creed/Alter Bridge or Slipknot/Stone Sour-type of relationship one day. Axl will have his band, Slash will have his, and the original GN'R will come together every so often to cut an album, and ultimately the fans get THREE times the GN'R albums. And everybody are 100% cool with that, and make their own visionary albums.

That's all I want too.  In fact, I wouldn't even expect albums from them.  Lord knows we shouldn't expect albums anytime Axl Rose is involved.  But I would take this version of GNR going forward doing their thing, whatever they decide that to be.  Slash doing his solo thing.  MAYBE VR getting going again.  But all the while, the original Guns guys being cool with each other and able to share a stage from time to time.  Of course that probably won't happen, because even the VR "reunion" this year seemed to be uncomfortable for all parties involved and this would trump that by a million times.  The expectations would be immense.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The fact that it would be one of the, if not "the" biggest reunion in rock history cannot be over looked. Having that kind of cache is one in a million.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Did Hall runner Jann Wenner do an interview and publicly say that he will kick out any post-1993 GN'R member?

Or something like "their tickets will get lost in the mail"

Joking around? I thought I remember something like that.

Nope, that was BS. And it was the HOF president who supposedly said it. Our own Faldor proved bullshit on it.

I'm sure DJ will be there. If they have a jam like they usually do at the HOF, I'm sure we'll see some of the new members playing with the old.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, that never happened.  The Rock Hall CEO, Joel Peresman, did an interview with Eddie Trunk and said NOTHING about the current members of GNR.  I believe people over at mygnr started that rumor, but that's all it was.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

Board footer